Ooops... DC cop and "Bumblebee" collide. On accident.

Casper

They said the cop was using a different radio channel than the perimeter security? How does that happen?

It is very common to use different channels when there is an event going on, and believe me, it really pisses us off. For an event like Red, White, and Boom we may have 6 different channels going for different units working in the exact same area. It's not so bad until there is an emergency and there are officers who may be within 100 yards but have no idea that there is a problem.

It is very common to use different channels when there is an event going on, and believe me, it really pisses us off. For an event like Red, White, and Boom we may have 6 different channels going for different units working in the exact same area. It's not so bad until there is an emergency and there are officers who may be within 100 yards but have no idea that there is a problem.

But don't they scan? I know the cruisers I am used to scan different channels. Some of the officers listen to the freqs of 4 or 5 different PDs. I guess that;s why this has me confused.

But don't they scan? I know the cruisers I am used to scan different channels. Some of the officers listen to the freqs of 4 or 5 different PDs. I guess that;s why this has me confused.

We can scan, however, in a large city or with a big event the radio is so busy with the radio traffic from your own talk group that it is almost impossible. I know that a lot of the suburbs monitor our air, but we can't do the same.

We can scan, however, in a large city or with a big event the radio is so busy with the radio traffic from your own talk group that it is almost impossible. I know that a lot of the suburbs monitor our air, but we can't do the same.

I guess that would be a lot of radio traffic, but I would think something could be done to help that. But then, I'm not the one who deals with that.

Where was the yellow car going? There was traffic on the left of the SUV. If yellow car didn't hit SUV, it surely was going fast enough to hit something else.

It's not safe out. I'm going to sell my car,bikes and start walking across rooftops.