2008 M1

flounder

I don't know if the Swing arm is CF or just a CF cover.

hard to tell as i don't know if they could get the correct flex amounts out of the CF swing arm.

Cause if you look at the tip where the Axle goes through it doesn't look CF. Also the part that runs to the swing arm pivot (just behind the footpet looking at it) doesn't look to be actual CF.

I don't know if the Swing arm is CF or just a CF cover.

hard to tell as i don't know if they could get the correct flex amounts out of the CF swing arm.

Cause if you look at the tip where the Axle goes through it doesn't look CF. Also the part that runs to the swing arm pivot (just behind the footpet looking at it) doesn't look to be actual CF.

Its CF with metal at the axle point. Its not entirely CF but it definitley is not a cover on the swingarm. In an event where the every .5 ounces counts, I can pretty much guarantee they are not going to put CF covers on for looks.

Yeah Toesland will be on Yamah, but it is the back marker Tech 3 team that Guintolli rode for last year and Checa the year before that.

Edwards is Toesland's teammate too.

I am not sure what tire the Tech 3 team is running as last year they were the sole Dunlop team.

I may have been wrong on the CF.. wonder if it was on their just for display purposes.

Other side. Look at the what appears to be the open clutch.. pretty cool seeing the pressure plate out in the open but wild that it is located so high on the bike. Obviously with it being that high, I dont think it is the clutch but ya never know.

622918_83257.jpg

I almost wonder if its half CF and half some other material. one side 1 material the other side something different. it would allow them some pretty interesting qualities when it comes to rigidity and flexability .. best of both worlds perhaps..

Could be a cover though.. Its the bolt on the CF side that is causing me the confusion but that could be another cover to overlap the CF piece.

Yeah Toesland will be on Yamah, but it is the back marker Tech 3 team that Guintolli rode for last year and Checa the year before that.

Edwards is Toesland's teammate too.

I am not sure what tire the Tech 3 team is running as last year they were the sole Dunlop team.

I wouldn't call them a backmarker team. Plus, they get Michelins this year due to Edwards. Toseland and Edwards ain't no back marker team, for sure...

Ok, dumb asses... It is a braced Aluminum swingarm. They have tried CF in the past and even frames can be made from it. Problem with CF is that oftentimes, it is too rigid... Believe it or not...

Second, I am willing to bet that it the 2007 M1 - NOT the 2008. Why? 2008 is currently being developed and they certainly are not going to let one sit around and do a show circuit... They may have the 2008 sponsors and colorways on the bodywork, but doubt it to be the 2008 model...

Third, the clutch you are seeing is a typical dry sump system found on every MotoGP bike. Think Ducati clutch, but not shit... The clutch is mounted high and pretty much as right behind the cylinder head as possible. This compacts the motor front to back to allow for a longer swingarm which results into better handling. Something that has been around for years. Take a close look at virtually ANY newer sportbike and they incorporate this as much as possible. The R1 when it first came out had this mentality shown on a production bike.

A bit of coolness is that the MotoGP teams have their motors pretty much CNC machined. No casting. It is all one off stuff 100%. The $20 million budget Chris spoke of is not pumped up. If anything, it is more nowadays considering the higher reliance on electronics and such. F1 used to be $200 million...

These bikes are so rare and so damn one off in the way they are built that you cannot appreciate one (ANY of the brands) unless you see it up close.

Second, I am willing to bet that it the 2007 M1 - NOT the 2008. Why? 2008 is currently being developed and they certainly are not going to let one sit around and do a show circuit... They may have the 2008 sponsors and colorways on the bodywork, but doubt it to be the 2008 model...

How much are you willing to bet?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64469

20081801FIAT_YAMAHA_G.jpg

20081801rossi-lore_G.jpg

Actually this is the 08M1 based on motogp.com. These pics are from the 08 Team presentation launch from Turin Italy last friday and one of the items there ... yep, you guessed it, The unveiling of the 08M1..

Now... eat a dick... :fruit::D

Actually this is the 08M1 based on motogp.com. These pics are from the 08 Team presentation launch from Turin Italy last friday and one of the items there ... yep, you guessed it, The unveiling of the 08M1..

Now... eat a dick... :fruit::D

Got it... Yeah, press release, etc. - sure thing. I thought these were from a Cycle World or similar show... So, my point is that the 08 isn't going to be on a road show circuit...

How's that? Ass Goblin.

Anyone interested in doing like a "fantasy" racing league. It wouldn't be hard to set up at all.

Basically, everyone sign up and put $5 into the pot. The names of all the racers (AMA, MotoGP, and World Superbike) are put into a hat. Each person draws a name and compiles a "team". At the end of the seasons, whoever has the most points wins.

I thought about the "draft" option but don't think it'd work as well.

Just a thought.

I find it funny how some of you guys will turn a picture into a challenge of who knows more about it. :rolleyes::lol:

Bottom line, the M1 and all the others are badass. Especially Stoners ducati.

BTW, it's JAMES TOSELAND! Not Tousand or Toesland! WANKA'S! ;):D

WSBK and GP are my fav's. AMA last.

I find it funny how some of you guys will turn a picture into a challenge of who knows more about it. :rolleyes::lol:

Bottom line, the M1 and all the others are badass. Especially Stoners ducati.

BTW, it's JAMES TOSELAND! Not Tousand or Toesland! WANKA'S! ;):D

WSBK and GP are my fav's. AMA last.

Its funny how people make fun of others for being motorcycle geeks but then display their own geekness... "BTW, it's JAMES TOSELAND!"

:owned: