Chris "Teach" McNeil doing what most BMW riders don't.

RSVDon

Let me save you the trouble, it'll nag you with pesky issues until you get disgusted and sell it.

You're welcome.

Is there a short-ish version of the story behind this? Apologies if your disgust is already captured in a thread around here, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing some good info. The bikes are far too expensive to be on my short list for the forseeable future, something more like a used wr250r is closer to that, but I was keeping the 800gs and bikes like it in the longer term vision. Any good info is appreciated.

Is there a short-ish version of the story behind this? Apologies if your disgust is already captured in a thread around here, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing some good info. The bikes are far too expensive to be on my short list for the forseeable future, something more like a used wr250r is closer to that, but I was keeping the 800gs and bikes like it in the longer term vision. Any good info is appreciated.

Never owned one, but I know two riders locally that do and have read a lot on ADV about them.

Got their share of issues. Maybe they'll sort it out, it's a new model but so far not very inspiring IMHO. Lots of little ****ling gremlins, electrical issues, suspension failures, just seems like a lot by my reading.

They have a great warranty tho, I'll give them that.

Twisted Throttle is awesome! all the guys that work there are cool as hell! perfect customer service, id do business with them anytime! we aer set up with them, but not to many people around here are looking for a lot of what they sell. i do my best to try tho!!

that video makes me wanna buy that beemer!