2003 Honda 600RR TRACK bike - $3500(negotiable)

redkow97

Old car died, and new car is being paid for in cash. School is keeping me from the track lately anyway, so the Honda's up for sale.

2003 Honda 600RR - I have a WI title for it, but it's been through 3 owners without being registered, so it would be exceedingly difficult to title it in your name and put the bike on the street.

$3500/negotiable, or will consider trades + cash for SV650 street bike, or F4i street bike. Basically I'm considering the option to go back to street/track, but leaning toward cash right now.

Maintenance:

- runs like a top. It's a honda, and I'm not one to slam the bike off the rev limiter for no reason...

- oil/filter changed every 4 trackdays, if not more often.

- coolant flushed twice a year when I swap in antifreeze for winter, and water wetter each spring.

- chain lubed after every weekend at the track.

- hasn't touched the ground since it was crashed as a street bike.

- off the top of my head, mileage is ~10,000(?), but the taller gearing does throw it off a bit.

upgraded parts:

- Woodcraft rearsets (currently set up for GP shift, but I'm told it's an easy change)

- Vortex clip-ons

- Vortex triple-clamps

- Vortex keyless gas cap

- SS brake lines (not sure on brand)

- CRG adjustable levers (this is one of those things I would never have bought if the PO hadn't put them on, but they are pretty sweet)

- frame sliders (unsure of brand, but they're the short, "mushroom" style)

- PO claims it's Armour Bodies body work (in very good shape; great shape if you like the browns)

- FULL Arata Titanium exhaust

- Power Commander (dyno's at 103.1 HP mapped for 87 octane. I think 110 would be easy w/ premium)

- ZG "double bubble" wind-screen

- Penske rear shock (pretty sure it's a triple-clicker, but I'll verify)

- GMD computrack fork internals

(suspension is set up by Turn One Racing for 175 lbs rider + gear)

- Scotts steering damper

- 520 chain conversion

- I'll throw in the pit-bull TRS pins with it as well, but not the whole TRS.

Extra Parts:

- coolant overflow reservoir

- rear sprockets (three I think - 43, 44, and 45 tooth in addition to the 45 on the bike)

- stock wind screen

- extra plugs

- full set of fork seals

- OEM triple clamp (with bearings)

- brand new brake pads - unopened.

- XT lap timer BEACON

probably more stuff i'm forgetting.

The bike is plenty capable, and I'd probably keep it forever if I had the funds to ride it more often. It's done 1:06's at BeaveRun, 1:40's at Mid-Ohio, and 1:18's at Nelson, with a lot of room for improvement.

the guy who converted this bike from street to track intended to race it, but never did. This bike has NEVER been raced, but it is safety wired beyond any trackday club's "advanced" requirements, and 90% ready to race. Just add yellow plates (which I had planned to do this winter) and drill a couple of things.

$3500, negotiable.

Can help w/ delivery within 100 miles or so, or meet you southerners in Columbus, etc.

the day I put the painted body work on:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjMuanBn.jpg

last time I rode the bike (with OR members @ BeaveRun)

20100828_BeaveRun.jpg

Edited by redkow97

Lbts....glws!

:D

hahaha - thanks.

I pretty much copied and pasted the same text on the NESBA & STT forums, and also put it out on Craigslist.

obviously I'm more inclined to negotiate with people on this site, so I'm open to reasonable offers.

I've got some other stuff I'd prefer to hang onto, but I'll throw in for the right price as well.

Triple clicker is easy to tell...

The 8981 series is a big gold knob on the remote reservoir.

The 8987 shows a big hex nut with a smaller grooved knob that is on top of that hex nut...

8987: (Ignore that it is not a remote and is a piggy back. the right pic shows the adjusters...)

penske8987.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8981: (May not be as large a gold knob, but it is the same look)

penske8981.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great price, by the way. I would assume you have the Bill of Sale for the bike you bought?

^ thanks Brian - I left the turning of the knobs to people more experienced than myself, but that simplifies it. I believe it's a triple clicker, I just haven't looked in a while.

Looks like a great buy for someone.. Id def repaint asap though.. BROWNS.. YUCK

I realize it's a love it or hate it paint job:D If someone really hates it:

for a $300 deposit, I'll remove, clean, sand, and paint the body-work in a white base-coat.

for another $200, I'll rattle-can it in a simple 2-color scheme.

Obviously the paint job isn't worth $500, but the time I'll spend doing it is.

All the white on my bike is vinyl decals.

The $500 would be non refundable, but put toward your purchase of the bike.

Do you mean it would still be at the original asking price and the $500 deposit is simply meaning they owe a balance of $3k? If you are asking $500 for a rattle can job, you might want to reconsider since guys like Attackpainter does a professional job for less...

The only scenario I'm trying to avoid is someone saying, "i'd buy it if it weren't orange and brown."

the $500 is only to prevent someone from backing out of our previously agreed-upon price after I've spent X hours sanding and spraying. thus it would be non-refundable, but 100% of that $500 would go toward the previously agreed upon price.

• 1 month later...