Tannerite

Gump

Any small dust partical is prone to ignite. We had a bin blow up at my work a few years back. Empty bin was being filled with drums of alum. powder metal cans with plastic bags inside to keep moisture out. When they were dumped into the bin the dust kicked up and a spark from static electricity ignited it into a 300 ft. fire ball.

Any small dust partical is prone to ignite. We had a bin blow up at my work a few years back. Empty bin was being filled with drums of alum. powder metal cans with plastic bags inside to keep moisture out. When they were dumped into the bin the dust kicked up and a spark from static electricity ignited it into a 300 ft. fire ball.

:eek: Holy hell! anyone hurt? did you have to run home to change your pants?

Guy who was on top of the bins got 3rd degree burns on 50% of his body. He has had 7 skin grafs since then and is doing better. We have alot more safety standard in place now to prevent the same thing from happening again. Happenend at my shift change I was in the locker room down stairs when the fire ball went up. they cleared the building out for a while to make sure all was safe but saw the burn mark on the inside of the roof from the fire, was huge.