Race take offs... Some new, some not so new...

Moto-Brian

Hey brian, are you going down to south carolina w/ andy and I in nov? If you are, ill take that power race set off your hands : )

I am looking like not being able to go. But, I can drive to CBus easily...

I gotta text Andy and let him know... It sucks. Family Thanksgiving...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the new Dunlop front as advertised above along with the 200 rear and 120 NTec front.

newdunlopfront.jpg

I will take $50 for the PRC/Pilot Race Rear combo and $75 for all three Pilot Race rears.

Firm on the Dunlop set as the front is new and great for track and street...

I use 190 even. 200 too big. What do you have a 200 for anyway? I know you didn't track a 200! :wtf:

Old school ZX12's came with 200's though.

Actually, I have. A lot of the guys try using a 200 at certain tracks. This isn't old school 200s. This would easily fit on your bike and any liter bikes.

200/55/17... N-Tec:

UK Made N-Tec tire info:

Fitment specs Rear: 200/55x17

Recommended Rim range (5.50-6.00), Best Rim (6.00),

Width (191mm/7.51"), Diameter (656mm/25.83")

Available Compounds: 7614 Soft, 7704 Medium, 6680 Med+, no Daytona compound (use 190/55) Suggested Pressures: Hot on the warmers 23psi, or cold 21psi

Compare to the 190/55/17 N-Tec UK Made:

Fitment specs Rear: 190/55x17 D211GP

Recommended Rim range (5.50-6.00), Best Rim (5.50),

Width (190mm/7.48"), Diameter (649mm/25.56")

Available Compounds: 7614 Soft, 7704 Medium, 6680 Med+, 2779 Daytona

Suggested Pressures: Hot on the warmers 23psi, or cold 21psi

The 200 is only 1mm wider. It is, however, taller and that can add to some needed handling advantages depending on the track. For example, a 190 is great at a track where it is more technical. Say, Mid-Ohio. A 200 is great when th bike is on it's side a ton at a track say, like Beaver...

Yeah 200's are becoming more and more the go to tire for liter racebikes, like Brian stated earlier they are great for tracks where you spend a lot of time on the edges of the tires. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to pick this set up and try them out on your 14, I think you will be more than impressed nick. You really can't beat $125 for a set of sticky rubber even though I know you hate the lopperz.

Yeah 200's are becoming more and more the go to tire for liter racebikes, like Brian stated earlier they are great for tracks where you spend a lot of time on the edges of the tires. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to pick this set up and try them out on your 14, I think you will be more than impressed nick. You really can't beat $125 for a set of sticky rubber even though I know you hate the lopperz.

I have changed, I run Dunlops nowadays.

Like internet dating... There's been some interest, but no commitment... Anyone?

:lol: True.

I would buy them, but because of Xmas and traveling, I cannot at this time.

• 2 weeks later...