Safety gear for the fast boyz

Bubba

I knew that it was kind'a dirt specific, but I've been lurking on a few MC forums for a while and it seems like there's been a rash of riders doing the ton and more on backroads who are going down more often than it seems wise. Some lucky so far--some not so.

If I was going to go out and push my limits to 9/10s on the street, I figger I'd want all the gear I could get to protect me. Since I've ridden dirt a lot in the past but never had a neck brace, it seemed like it could do double duty for on- and off-road railing. Maybe not for the track...

Just out'a curiosity, does the brace work with all helmet types, or just the MX-style?

Flounder: Nuhhh-uhhh! 9/10ths isn't me, and cetainly not on the street. Hell, I'm 60 and been ridin' since I wuz 15. Not down--on the street anyway--since my late teens. (Knock on wood here!) Dirt is a whole 'nother ball game, altho at my age, even the dirt is way harder than it used to be. High sides REALLY f'n hurt now. Thx for the guidance, tho. It ain't a bad thing to remind everybody now and then.

So, from your description of the brace function, I assume it limits your head position from turning L or R too much for safe wear on the street, correct?

So, from your description of the brace function, I assume it limits your head position from turning L or R too much for safe wear on the street, correct?

Kinda like a lineman in football wearing a brace. They cant really look up much to see everything in front of them. Its hard enough as is when on the track to be in the tuck position and your helmet is already back against your leathers/backprotector.