And boom goes the dynomite

Moto-Brian

And this is any different than some of the "group rides" I have seen on video of motorcyclists?

Think it is pretty stupid, but at the end of the day, he is probably flying. You being pissed about it and singling out cagers is somewhat hypocritical when you allow the videos to be posted on your site...

I see the issue, but it is a case of kettle calling pot black here...

And this is any different than some of the "group rides" I have seen on video of motorcyclists?

Think it is pretty stupid, but at the end of the day, he is probably flying. You being pissed about it and singling out cagers is somewhat hypocritical when you allow the videos to be posted on your site...

The majority of good riders (and many of the not so good) will say that crossing the line, especially on the outside of a curve, or a blind curve, is the same as crashing in their mind. That's how I ride as well, and I have managed to keep my novice self on the correct side of the line.

Likewise. What I meant was if I can't see that it's clear, I wouldn't be there, but in the context of that picture, you have no idea where that road comes from or goes.
It's 555. Have you not been on that road?
Is he getting any haterade over there for it?
Not really. They're all cagers.
There are no straight aways on 555 its filled with blind rises and blind corners no straights with good visibility, thats Caspers point for those of you that obviously have not rode 555. If you're across the line on that road somthing bad usually happens.
That's what I was thinking.

Easy there killer. Show me the picture or video of me crossing the double yellow, then you can call my hypocritical. Do you know what the word means? You should probably look it up before you try using against me. Me allowing the pics/vids you reference to be posted here does NOT mean I condone it in any way, shape, or form, nor does it mean I do it. Thus, I cannot, in your example, be hypocritical. This is NOT a case of kettle calling pot black. Just saying.
The majority of good riders (and many of the not so good) will say that crossing the line, especially on the outside of a curve, or a blind curve, is the same as crashing in their mind. That's how I ride as well, and I have managed to keep my novice self on the correct side of the line.
Yup. If I cross the center line, I fucked up.
Yea Casper, this site isn't monitored heavily enough, you need to protect us from ourselves. Letting us post our thoughts and rants is the EXACT same thing as condoning all of them.
Hey! Somebody has some common sense! Never thought the day would come when I would say this; Thanks for posting that JRMMiii.

Easy there killer. Show me the picture or video of me crossing the double yellow, then you can call my hypocritical. Do you know what the word means? You should probably look it up before you try using against me. Me allowing the pics/vids you reference to be posted here does NOT mean I condone it in any way, shape, or form, nor does it mean I do it. Thus, I cannot, in your example, be hypocritical. This is NOT a case of kettle calling pot black. Just saying.

I stated SOMEWHAT hypocritical. I can show you PLENTY of videos a car guy could use from this site that is a great example of tool boxes riding motorcycles. It's pretty simple. You singling out a car guy for crossing the line, making a point to essentially degrade the guy is somewhat hypocritical. Do you degrade or note your feelings on people that post vids of stupid shit being done on a motorcycle?

I know we cannot all be as perfect a rider as you where apparently you never speed, you never have crossed a center line or have done anything considered stupid while on a bike...:rolleyes:

Yea Casper, this site isn't monitored heavily enough, you need to protect us from ourselves. Letting us post our thoughts and rants is the EXACT same thing as condoning all of them.

Has nothing to do with that. Site owner starting a thread to degrade a driver for crossing the center line, but doesn't say boo about what some guys on here have posted is somewhat silly, no? Just think what the car guys over on Casper's street racing site he visits (Remember the whole story of the car guys drag racing and one guy killed someone? Remember that whole deal where we were arguing the death of an innocent person?) and what they have as ammunition for stating that motorcyclist are idiots and they ride like morons...

Just sayin'...

I stated SOMEWHAT hypocritical. I can show you PLENTY of videos a car guy could use from this site that is a great example of tool boxes riding motorcycles. It's pretty simple. You singling out a car guy for crossing the line, making a point to essentially degrade the guy is somewhat hypocritical. Do you degrade or note your feelings on people that post vids of stupid shit being done on a motorcycle?

I know we cannot all be as perfect a rider as you where apparently you never speed, you never have crossed a center line or have done anything considered stupid while on a bike...:rolleyes:

Really? I've never said anything negative about videos of idiots doing stupid shit on here? Really? :nono:

Do a search for assfault junkies videos. Or maybe filtering. Or maybe a burnout inside a hotel room. Or maybe wheelies down the freeway. Again, stop trying to put me down without facts amigo. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

As for never doing anything wrong? When did I ever say that?

• Upvote 1

Has nothing to do with that. Site owner starting a thread to degrade a driver for crossing the center line, but doesn't say boo about what some guys on here have posted is somewhat silly, no? Just think what the car guys over on Casper's street racing site he visits (Remember the whole story of the car guys drag racing and one guy killed someone? Remember that whole deal where we were arguing the death of an innocent person?) and what they have as ammunition for stating that motorcyclist are idiots and they ride like morons...

Just sayin'...

Street racing site that I visit? I do believe you're lying through your teeth. Now, you must be referring to www.columbusracing.com, which EXPLICITLY refuses to allow any talk of street racing. Does that stop people from street racing? No, of course not. But it is NOT allowed to be discussed on the site. Sign up and check for yourself. This is even at the bottom of every page:

Columbus Racing does not condone illegal street racing.
As for the situation, an innocent person didn't die. Again, your facts are off. George died. He was drunk and street racing. He lost control, crossed the freeway, and hit an innocent young women. That women is alive. She didn't die. She was hurt badly. The argument was over whether the guy who George was racing should be charged for George's death. A jury of his peers agreed he should not be charged with it. He was found innocent.

So, what the hell do you have against me dude? You are always attacking me over something or other. It's getting rather old. If you are going to try to make me look bad, at least back it up with facts and viable information, not half truths and made up jibberish please.

Street racing site that I visit? I do believe you're lying through your teeth. Now, you must be referring to www.columbusracing.com, which EXPLICITLY refuses to allow any talk of street racing. Does that stop people from street racing? No, of course not. But it is NOT allowed to be discussed on the site. Sign up and check for yourself. This is even at the bottom of every page:

As for the situation, an innocent person didn't die. Again, your facts are off. George died. He was drunk and street racing. He lost control, crossed the freeway, and hit an innocent young women. That women is alive. She didn't die. She was hurt badly. The argument was over whether the guy who George was racing should be charged for George's death. A jury of his peers agreed he should not be charged with it. He was found innocent.

So, what the hell do you have against me dude? You are always attacking me over something or other. It's getting rather old. If you are going to try to make me look bad, at least back it up with facts and viable information, not half truths and made up jibberish please.

You are correct. The deal was it was a while ago and I am going off memory. But, I do know that you were somewhat miffed at the comments that the guy pretty much got what he deserved. There was bickering back and forth about the whole thing.

The Columbus RACING site you refer is the site that talked about th crash, no?

Anyways, what really gets me with you sometimes is the fact that you are sitting here creating a thread degrading a car driver. You started it. You stand up and bitch and complain. The point I am getting to is that I find it strange to complain when there is PLENTY of evidence of stupid shit being done on a motorcycle on this site. Get off the Junkies. It isn't just those guys. I know you have a hard on for those guys at times, but there are plenty of others on here that have shown they are as bad as the guy just scraping below the yellow line.

I also didn't mean you've NEVER stated anything against videos, etc. It's just weird that th site owner is calling out cagers in a scenerio that you have no idea about, you weren;t there, you don't know the exact spot to know if crossing there was an issue or not. We've all don it, we've all don it on bikes, also. Guy made a mistake and all of a sudden, he's a dousche bag. However, he might very well have better driving abilities than any of us talking about it. So, maybe you ought to lay off the guy?

I mean, all these things about riders and the talks about merging in the other thread, etc. From the sounds of it, you are a perfect rider that never merges or does such bad habits on a bike. That in theory would make you a better rider than most. I suspect that isn't so. The bottom line is that judging someone based on a pic is pretty lame and somewhat silly.

I have nothing against you, but the last few issues we have had with riding ability and such leaves me asking what the hell? Are you really that good a driver and that great a rider to make judgements?

You are correct. The deal was it was a while ago and I am going off memory. But, I do know that you were somewhat miffed at the comments that the guy pretty much got what he deserved. There was bickering back and forth about the whole thing.
Only thing I said was that it was a shitty situation and that George was an idiot for street racing drunk in the winter. I'm glad Brandon got off. I don't think he was guilty of anything other than street racing, and the jury agreed. Feel free to read what I said: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=18550
The Columbus RACING site you refer is the site that talked about th crash, no?
Columbus Racing does not equal Columbus Street Racing. You said it was a street racing site. I informed you that was incorrect. It is an organized site for drag racing, autocross, road courses, etc.
Anyways, what really gets me with you sometimes is the fact that you are sitting here creating a thread degrading a car driver. You started it. You stand up and bitch and complain. The point I am getting to is that I find it strange to complain when there is PLENTY of evidence of stupid shit being done on a motorcycle on this site. Get off the Junkies. It isn't just those guys. I know you have a hard on for those guys at times, but there are plenty of others on here that have shown they are as bad as the guy just scraping below the yellow line.
The junkies videos are the only ones I've seen with stupid shit that were posted on here featuring people from here. Had I seen others, I would've noted those as well. You get off the junkies, or get off on, however you want to look at it. I don't have a hard-on for anyone, but you should definitely check your drawers. I have a feeling you sprout wood everytime I post. Those videos I referenced were from two to three years ago. I realize they don't do that anymore for the most part. You accused me of not commenting on videos with stupid shit in them. You were wrong, and now you backpedal saying:
I also didn't mean you've NEVER stated anything against videos, etc. It's just weird that th site owner is calling out cagers in a scenerio that you have no idea about, you weren;t there, you don't know the exact spot to know if crossing there was an issue or not. We've all don it, we've all don it on bikes, also. Guy made a mistake and all of a sudden, he's a dousche bag. However, he might very well have better driving abilities than any of us talking about it. So, maybe you ought to lay off the guy?
I know the guy. I know the car. And I know the road. That's more than you can say about any of the three. Yet, you're judging me and that's okay. A mistake is a mistake. Posting a photo saying "And one last one of me enjoying some of the best driving roads in the country, State Route 555 in southern Ohio" does not constitute a mistake. That's saying, "hey look at me and my awesome driving!". I agree 100%, everyone makes mistakes. But this guy doesn't view it as a mistake.
I mean, all these things about riders and the talks about merging in the other thread, etc. From the sounds of it, you are a perfect rider that never merges or does such bad habits on a bike. That in theory would make you a better rider than most. I suspect that isn't so. The bottom line is that judging someone based on a pic is pretty lame and somewhat silly.
Merging? You mean cutting cars off on the freeway? That isn't merging amigo. And no, I won't get between two cars with 8ft between them, especially on the freeways, especially around here. As I said in that thread, too many instances I've almost been crushed and I was keeping a good distance. Funny how you keep judging me.
I have nothing against you, but the last few issues we have had with riding ability and such leaves me asking what the hell? Are you really that good a driver and that great a rider to make judgements?
You obviously have lots against me. It's fine and dandy for you to express your opinions on anything and everything. But, as always, as you do to everyone you disagree with, you come in here swinging because you disagree with my views and opinions.

• 2 weeks later...