Snowblowers

c7fx

I've got a Simplicity, Large Frame model 1528.

This'll be the third winter in use, not a lick of trouble. Starts on the first pull every time, even at 20 below winter before last. Plows through anything as though it's not even there.

The thing to watch out for is who actually making the motors. Most snowblowers made over the last 30 years had Tecumseh Snow King engines. Properly maintained, they last forever. Well, Tecumseh went bankrupt 2 or 3 years ago and stopped making motors.

Briggs stepped in with a new line of snow blower motors ands they're OK. But the majority of snow blower motors are now coming from China. They all seem to be copies of either Kohler or Honda engines. Some are good some are not.

Most companies seem to want to hide the fact that the motors are Chinese. For example, many Craftsman blowers now have a 'Craftsman' engine, which is just a Chinese motor with Craftman badges. Same for Cub Cadet and many others.

Also I would say stay away from craftsman. They slap there name on whomever will make the blower cheapest for them, and rounding up parts if they are needed can be a nightmare. I hate when someone brings me a craftsman mower/snowblower/weed eater, or craftsman yard equipment to be worked on.