Soon I'll have a badass garage!

Carwhore

one thing to think of, is you may want more living space....maybe a second floor of living space added on, or make the area overall bigger

eventually if you settle down with someone, it could potentially become a cramped house to live in...or if you end up with more than one kid, etc....hell, even living in such a tight space with a teenager when your kid gets older, would be hell lol...

i think the idea is great, i just think ya should look over all the future possibilities regarding the amount of living space you have

one thing to think of, is you may want more living space....maybe a second floor of living space added on, or make the area overall bigger

eventually if you settle down with someone, it could potentially become a cramped house to live in...or if you end up with more than one kid, etc....hell, even living in such a tight space with a teenager when your kid gets older, would be hell lol...

i think the idea is great, i just think ya should look over all the future possibilities regarding the amount of living space you have

Ive already thought about this. The garage plan is a 5-6yr plan. I should have it paid for in 5-6yrs. Then im going to get a building loan for an actual house. Probably a ranch with a walk out. I posted a link earlier in the thread to a 2 story with a walk out but that may be too much space (as it was like 4000+sq/ft).

And i thought about if i met someone or something, and even if i never built an actual "house" I'm sure if i had to sell this it wouldn't sit on the market long. then I could do the same thing.

that would be a good idea to add an actual house eventually - you would surely have enough space on 5-10 acres...then the upstairs of the garage could be converted to a hang out type space, or a place to sleep when ya piss off the SO lol - beats the couch

lol that would be a good idea.

I thought about renting it out. Thats why there is the outside stairs. and doors locking the apartment from the garage area. That way that money could help pay down the principal of the mortgage on the house.

This is an awesome idea, hell if you did it right, you could add the house onto the existing space. If you set it up right it wouldn't take much to get rid of the kitchen and all to just be like a big bonus space in the upstairs of the house

what kind of pricing are you finding for those toy haulers? I've always been curious about them. plus, I could be mr. popular at the track.

Geoff May's is up for sale on the NESBA board. 70,000 miles - asking price is $96k I think.

But his is like a fucking rockstar tour-bus. I'm not even sure it's a true "toy hauler," or if they keep the bikes in a separate, smaller trailer.

You can find the small ones (2 bikes, 4 people) for $15k in decent shape.