New 2011 ZX10 recall

Disclaimer

does hellforleather.com EVER write a positive article? I haven't seen many.

Oh fucking no! a low-level Kawasaki assembly employee or parts stocker made a reasonable mistake, and the company is taking FULL responsibility ON ITS OWN, and refunding 100% of customers' purchase price to correct the issue BEFORE any engines fail or any consumers are hurt!

Unconscionable. How dare they.:rolleyes:

What's the recall? It says you have to subscribe/pay to that site.

They are doing a stop sale on all 2011 ZX10s. Engine issues. Most likely what Aprilia went through where they had inferior parts put in through a VIN range and instead of waiting for things to happen, they are stepping in and being proactive and pulling units...

I'm just glad Gene is delayed (Bike at Reuben's) for a while to slow the process down - and to result in slowing him down! :D

• 3 weeks later...

2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R returns to sale, problem identified

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/12/2011-kawasaki-zx-10r-returns-to-sale-problem-identified/

zx-10R-599x397.jpgKawasaki USA has just announced that the mysterious stop-sale on the 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R will be lifted, identifying the previously-mysterious fault as residing in the intake valve springs. As stated when the not-a-recall was announced on December 11, the problem isn’t related to safety, performance or the modifications made to reduce power for the North American market. Instead, Kawasaki says there were fears the intake valves could seat improperly, impacting engine performance. Before the new superbike king of the hill goes back on-sale, all units will benefit from new camshafts, valve springs and spring retainers. Kawasaki isn’t naming a precise date, instead saying sales will resume in, “late January.” Full details below.

The press release follows:

IRVINE, Calif. (Dec. 29, 2010)—Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. today announced that the recent sales hold placed on the 2011 Ninja® ZX™-10R sportbike is expected to be lifted in late January and that sales of the highly-anticipated unit will resume as normal.

According to Kawasaki engineers, the proactive sales hold resulted from a finding that indicated possible surging of the intake valve spring when the unit is operated under unique riding conditions, such as on a racetrack. The surge could cause the intake valve to seat improperly, resulting in poor engine performance.

The camshaft, valve springs, and spring retainers are being replaced to prevent the valves from surging, without affecting engine performance.

Is there an echo in here?:D
You posted while I was still making my post. You won that time.
Winner, winner... chicken dinner!:D:p

...But Nick had a picture... :D

I call it a tie, and like kids' soccer, everyone gets a trophy...:nono:

Edited by jblosser
punctuation

kids' soccer

My kiddo is now playing on his Catholic school basketball team, where he'll learn two valuable lessons:

- If you don't win, no trophy. :trophy:

- If you don't beat those heathen public school kids, you'll burn in hell for eternity... :devil:

</threadjack>