Damn... wish I'd seen these before flying a couple weeks ago.

Casper

You guys are seriously going overboard on this...

I fly probably 20 times a year and honestly, flying is a privilege. If you don't want to be scanned or you feel you are being violated, there is an option... Drive or take a bus or plane.

I want people to be scanned, I want people that want to hurt others to be found. Otherwise, you guys should ask us to revert back to the days where we take people for their word and let them on board...

"Oh, Mr. got a gun in your pants - you seem like a nice guy and we don't want to violate your rights, so pass on through. Don't worry about anything..."

Plus, if you travel enough, you learn to deal with it and it goes quickly. The idiots that travel a few times a year are the ones that cause the grief. They hold up the lines because they don't know what to take off, what to wear, etc...

+1,000. I do like the clothes however.

I agree with shitbrick. PC is just another way to cause more problems. You have to profile people, period. It's a sad fact but it's something that has to be done.

Young people (college age) tend to do a large amount of drugs. Most sport bike riders are young. We can eliminate the drug problem in the United States if we stop all sport bikes, search, then arrest the riders. Just sayin'

Of course the mythbusters episode couldnt take into account the differences in airpressure at ground level vs 30,000ft

If they "pressurized the cabin" to the proper differential it doesn't matter if it was on the ground or in outer space, 15 psi is 15psi.

or the fact that the air traveling on the skin of the airplane at 450+mph will act like a crowbar/waterjet cutter in 1 and shred the plane where that hole is.

I think you'd have to make a damn big hole for this to be a factor. Aircraft fuselage has redundant structure and other engineered damage tolerance.

If they "pressurized the cabin" to the proper differential it doesn't matter if it was on the ground or in outer space, 15 psi is 15psi.

Not true. On the ground you would have 15 psi internal cabin pressure pushing against 15 psi outside pressure.

at 30,000 that 15psi internal cabin pressure now only has a few psi external pressure pushing back. At ground level the equalization during the breech would be less violent then at altitude where there is such an extreme difference of internal vs external pressure.

FYI, at standard pressure, the difference in pressure is as follows.

0 ft above sea level = 101 kpa

30,000 ft = 30 kpa

So if you pressurize the plane to sea level and there is a breech at 30,000 feet, the external resisting pressures are much less and therefore would cause a more violent decompression.

I think you'd have to make a damn big hole for this to be a factor. Aircraft fuselage has redundant structure and other engineered damage tolerance.

And waterjets can cut through 1inch thick armor plate. And you can damwell believe that air velocities of 450+mph will act like a blade on anything that causes parasitic drag like a hole in a fuselage.