Liberty Gun safe at lowes!

BiggO

Now that it's after Christmas, the wife went out to Lowe's to get me my present, a 12 gun, fire safe.....and it's been marked down to $299.00!

It has a dial combo lock, not the electronic keypad that most say is junk. It's 21"wide, 17" deep, and 60" tall, all black. Interior is lined will gray felt, and has a center divider with 3 small shelves, if you want to use them. I've never seen a smaller one like this have side shelves before!

I bet this is a seasonal item for Lowes, I dont think they normally carry gun safes?

It's a Centurion by Liberty, like this one

http://www.lowes.com/pd_291281-10283-CN20-BK_0__?productId=3030862&Ntt=liberty+safe&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dliberty%2Bsafe

But smaller. It's not listed on Lowe's website, so it must be seasonal. Interior looks like this

s8_g38_gp58_ch3_ce16_ci3.jpg

The picture is a Centurion 17, and it lists in Liberty's web site for $849. It's 60" x 20" x 24" so it's a little bigger, but not bu much. Hell for $299, I think the one I got is sweet!

Edited by BiggO

They are. Mine has been in a fire. Worked just fine, I am actually thankful I have it.

Brother law and I went in and purchased a monster 32gun and put it in his basement. But I still needed something to keep in the house. So I built a small cubby in one of the walls that had some dead space. constructed the floor to bolt too. and plunked it in there... Works great to keep my nicer weapons in. also has that out of sight out of mind appeal! :D

There are some ups and downs to it.

Con

It is not fort knox, you can get into it if you really wanted to.

Hell a good grinder and tire iron could most likely open the door...

does not have a 1200* for 30 minutes rating

Pro

most come with additional insurance

Insurance rates will lower becuase you have a safe.

small enough makes it easy to put it out of sight.

Cheap...

If someone does steal it your insurance comp. looks at it better that at least your stuff was in a safe.

When mine burnt. I got money from liberty for the stocks that were damaged plus the insurance company wrote them as a loss even though they were still usable. so I got to keep the ones damaged and undamaged and still got payed for it. stocks are cheaper than new guns...

Edited by Beegreenstrings