To buy or not to buy....

Monstrosity

Why is what he stated "dumb"? Not sure where I saw anything dumb concerning what he stated about a DRZ...:wtf:
U serious Clark? :wtf:

I'm not surprised that Eskimo Brothers think alike. :rolleyes:

pop.jpg

Opinions vary.

Guess I ride with too many motard guys who love em and seem to do just fine.

Wow. Neato. Because a DRZ is exactly the same as this, right:

hmcm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I mean... None of your buddies ride these so they gotta be pure shit.:rolleyes:

Again, DRZ is a GREAT entry level bike, but for $5k, you can find a KILLER motored that is better, more agile, lighter and more powerful and above all, more fun. What do I know? The people I hang with have shit trades like the one I pictured above. That Mitch Hansen sucks and the people he builds for and supports suck, too...

Yeah actually they do.

But hey be a bike snob all you want.

And when is say "they do well enough" I'm saying they enjoy themselves. At least until a motor is blown(MT).

Yeah actually they do.

But hey be a bike snob all you want.

And when is say "they do well enough" I'm saying they enjoy themselves. At least until a motor is blown(MT).

Again, where was anything stated that was dumb or wrong? Enjoying one's self is great and I even have clearly stated that they are great entry level bikes. Nothing wrong with enjoying one's self, but if you are being perfectly honest and your buddies DO ride bikes like a 450 SXF or similar, they know and so do you, that the DRZ is a bike that falls short to those machines...

Not being a bike snob. Guy wants a motard and he is asking about a DRZ. Not the best nor top choice for the money he is willing to spend. Nothing snobby at all.

And, if you are saying motors blow on the DRZ, how can you say they are a great choice then?

Oh forgot about the 610 Husqys. Those are prolly crap bikes too though. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know about falling short. Were not out there racing. And yes I do ride with Katana guys and 250 ninjas,metric and leaky cruisers and an occasional scooter pimp. And yes we give each other shit but all in good fun. We don't mean it. Ride what you have and enjoy it.

Not sure who that is, but for one, DRZ's are huge turds, and two, supermotos are a blast given the ride environment, but driving an hour or more to get to a decent 15 minute stretch of road on a supermoto is horrid with no fairings , no wind protection, uncomfortable seating position, and only being a 400.. Trust me, it would be a terrible decision.

Have u been on a supermoto for any period of time? Unless they are tracked, at the dragon, or stunted, they blow donky balls.

What I thought was dumb was Dguys comment about :

Driving an hour to get to a good road.

Welcome to Ohio.

decent 15 minute stretch of road

More than that out there. You're not trying hard enough.

is horrid with no fairings , no wind protection, uncomfortable seating position, and only being a 400..

Whiners never prosper. Better get yourself a fully faired bagger to be as comfy as possible out there. Apparently that's what it's about.

And next time I won't forget a smiley Dubguy.

Oh forgot about the 610 Husqys. Those are prolly crap bikes too though. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know about falling short. Were not out there racing. And yes I do ride with Katana guys and 250 ninjas,metric and leaky cruisers and an occasional scooter pimp. And yes we give each other shit but all in good fun. We don't mean it. Ride what you have and enjoy it.

What I thought was dumb was Dguys comment about :

Driving an hour to get to a good road.

Welcome to Ohio.

decent 15 minute stretch of road

More than that out there. You're not trying hard enough.

is horrid with no fairings , no wind protection, uncomfortable seating position, and only being a 400..

Whiners never prosper. Better get yourself a fully faired bagger to be as comfy as possible out there. Apparently that's what it's about.

And next time I won't forget a smiley Dubguy.

Are there better bikes than the 610? Sure. For multiple reasons of course. But, overall, a pretty cool machine. Better than the DRZ...

You don't have to race to find that certain bikes fall short. It's pretty simple and with numerous bikes ridden, you'd find that out quickly - casual riding or pushing the bike at a track. You don't have to be race mode to tell...

You could have stated you should have used a smily a lot sooner and a lot of this would have been glossed over.

In the end, nothing was ever stated dumb towards the comments about the DRZ. Sure, DRZ owners are going to be offended or upset, but guess what? There isn't a perfect bike and if you think you know of one, there are others that are better at certain things. So far, the "perfect bike" has yet to be made - hence the reason there are so many choices.

No shit.

I think the open air comment is true when riding a long period of time. Even a small fairing above the headlight helps tremendously. But, he added the seating position and the CC size. All things combined make it a tough choice as an everyday commuter unless within an urban setting. Ride a DRZ or motard on a freeway or boring road (As you pointed out - welcome to Ohio) and you'll be wishing for something better. It's pretty easy to argue that a motard isn't that great a choice vs say even the bike listed on your sig...

Well monstro I need to sell my DRZ if you wanna come look at it. Completely track ready all mods that can be done short of bore and stroke are done and everything is safety wired for the track. Send me a message if interested. I will disagree with Brain and Dub and yes Ive rode several other Sumo's. Perhaps, Brian you've never rode a properly preped drz? Anyway I don't want to sell it and it needs nothing but I'm in a difficult situation right now that I need to change so gonna sell the sumo and prolly the F4i too so let me know.

Well monstro I need to sell my DRZ if you wanna come look at it. Completely track ready all mods that can be done short of bore and stroke are done and everything is safety wired for the track. Send me a message if interested. I will disagree with Brain and Dub and yes Ive rode several other Sumo's. Perhaps, Brian you've never rode a properly preped drz? Anyway I don't want to sell it and it needs nothing but I'm in a difficult situation right now that I need to change so gonna sell the sumo and prolly the F4i too so let me know.

I've ridden one back when that was the only option before the RMZ came along. It was full race prep. not sure what your setup is, but this was full MX Tech suspension and everything. Just too heavy and too bulky. When the RMZ came along, the DRZ was dropped like a Pinto transmission...

Have you ridden a properly setup MX bike transformed into a SUMO? If so, you'll note the weight difference, the suspension limitations, etc. Again, not to bash the DRZ, but the deal is pretty simple - even on paper and fully modded motors, the DRZs have nothing when placed against a mild built 450 or larger MX based machine...

Suspension and weight are two of the most extreme differences. Width, wheelbase and motor are the next issues. Essentially all fall short if ridden hard. Again, great entry level bikes.

SUMO FTW.... thats all I've got to say.

Anfd what kind of SUMO do you have? :D;)

I mean, hell, look at the Berg I had at CRP. When I use the 350 SXF this year, the difference between those two will be amazing and make the Berg feel like a pig. It's just a difference that is due to the technology advances the MX bikes fall under. The DRZ never developed nor advanced. Everything around it has and did and sent the DRZ from cool to boring pretty quick...

Again, DRZ owners will disagree, but if I put them on a stock MX 4 stroke and in the same environment as the DRZ is placed, the MX bike will be better. Maybe not the longer rides since the DRZ has a much more comfy seat, but everything else will be ranked higher when compared...

Ok back on topic. My other half told me I'd better buy something for the summer. I asked her if she were feeling ok. She said yes but she didnt want me to be a whinney little bitch this summer if I dont have a toy... She's a finance major and were going to try to budget everything out this week. First I'm going to buy a new daily driver then will focus on a inexpensive toy. 1000RR rider I will let you know what I come up with.

• Upvote 1

STT-Brian FTMFW :trophy:

:bj:

Ok back on topic. My other half told me I'd better buy something for the summer. I asked her if she were feeling ok. She said yes but she didnt want me to be a whinney little bitch this summer if I dont have a toy... She's a finance major and were going to try to budget everything out this week. First I'm going to buy a new daily driver then will focus on a inexpensive toy. 1000RR rider I will let you know what I come up with.

:bow: that's a helluva good Lady you got there. Betta puta a ring on it.