The political discussion about the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Disclaimer

Why are you worried about it? Is there a stigma attached to a certain brand or model that kills people? :confused: If you want a gun that doesn't kill people -- get a squirt gun.

I didn't wanna have to hurry and buy one and I kinda wanted to buy one new. Kinda like intratec after the columbine shootings. Hard to get certain parts and pieces for a tec9 now.

I think glock would fair better than the manufacturer if the fiveseven since the fort hood shooter used them also. I would almost look like strike two.

Edited by kawi kid

I guess I don't understand that business model? People are in the business of making guns. Guns are a tool that have many purposes. Someone misuses your product and you decide you shouldn't make your product anymore?

We're talking about Glock, not Four Loko.

(Note: I also don't have a Tec9, so I dont' know the history on that, but it sounds dumb to close up shop because of some 'outliers' that misused their product)

I think it opens up the door for law suits and that's what they run from. Like I said I think glock would fair better since its a bigger company towards civilian sales. F&h is bigger on the military side with the acr and some of their other models they produce for the military use.

There's no semen on the bike.

There might have been if I had the bike instead. :dunno:

"You couldn't hit the broad side of a Senator" would probably NOT be a very appropriate turn-of-phrase given the recent events.

I dunno, it was more front to back so I think you're ok with the above.

• Upvote 1

Here's an idea. Let's say the nut job's love notes found in his safe said that Rush Limbaugh told him that these democrats had to go and targeted Gabby as the leader of the left wing commies trying to take over the country. And Palin came to him in a dream and said she would draw and quarter him like an Alaskan elk if he didn't go to try and kill Gabby and take as many others as he could with her. And he had logs detailing how he wouldn't leave the house when Rush was on. I say while that might be introduced as irrefuteable evidence that Laughner was nuts, it wouldn't make Rush or Palin any more responsible then the are now.

I guess I don't understand that business model? People are in the business of making guns. Guns are a tool that have many purposes. Someone misuses your product and you decide you shouldn't make your product anymore?

(Note: I also don't have a Tec9, so I dont' know the history on that, but it sounds dumb to close up shop because of some 'outliers' that misused their product)

Intratec was basically sued and harrased enough by the gov't and forced to close. They didn't do it willingly.

And in Reindeer Games he took a squirt gun with alcohol in it and sprayed a guy smoking a cigarette. Burned the guy to a crisp so your logic is flawed on that one. :D

Rush Limbaugh really isn't all that bad.

He's a typical Republican. Nothing he says is particularly extreme, and I've always found him to be fairly level headed (relative to other right wing talk show hosts, that is). I disagree with him on pretty much every issue, but of all of those pundits, he seems the most honest to me. Honesty, of course, being relative.

The worst of the bunch, to me, are Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Michael Savage. Hannity is the least honest, Glenn Beck is the most brainless, and Michael Savage is just an awful human being.

• Upvote 1

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0S00M2czzRN6jAAjif7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBrYXNma3Q1BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZANWMTE4?p=fuller+abc&fr=sfp&ei=utf-8&n=21&tnr=20

This discussion started with a comment about whether Laughner was politically motivated. Well clearly this guy is.

The guy that was shot by Laughner and probably suffering from PTSD?

I heard the guy who took down Loughner had his CHL. He contemplated drawing but was concerned for innocent bystanders and making sure her didn't shoot the wrong guy. He didn't even draw his weapon. I have not verified this information but found it interesting.

I heard the guy who took down Loughner had his CHL. He contemplated drawing but was concerned for innocent bystanders and making sure her didn't shoot the wrong guy. He didn't even draw his weapon. I have not verified this information but found it interesting.

I heard he had a dragon, but you know flames, chaos and all that...

• Upvote 1

5 Strangest Explanations for Jared Loughner's Attack

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/5-Strangest-Explanations-for-Jared-Loughners-Attack-6511

Wow. People are really stretching to use this for their agendas...

That's an interesting take on it, Pot. I'll go find you a kettle.

5 Strangest Explanations for Jared Loughner's Attack

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/5-Strangest-Explanations-for-Jared-Loughners-Attack-6511

Wow. People are really stretching to use this for their agendas...

That's an interesting take on it, Pot. I'll go find you a kettle.

By your logic then, you can't really be mad at Republicans, nor should you have accused them of somehow being responsible for the shooting. The Republican Party has a product (a certain political ideology) that has many purposes, and on occasion a crazy can misuse a political ideology.

It's not the gun company's fault when a crazy misuses a gun, but it is the Republicans fault when a crazy misuses their political ideology?

Edited by dorifto240
  • Upvote 1