just made an LED brake light for my bike, check it out!

JStump

so i had made LED tails for my old cavalier and so i decided to do it for my bike, the cavalier was done because i thought it would look cool, the bike however i did for safety. the bulb that was in the housing had to be red cuz the lens is clear so when you hit the brake it it would be red but in reality when the red bulb lit up it was more light orange than red so i figured i would take a shot at making an LED light and it turned out pretty cool, check it out...

here is a video of it...

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/JStumpalump150/?action=view&current=d257d9b5.mp4

front of the PCB

9417ccf4.jpg

back of the PCB(yeah its kinda messy, i should have planned out how i was gonna do it a little better lol)

7aedaa0d.jpg

in the housing

71da370c.jpg

running light

82686c0c.jpg

brake light

76588e8f.jpg

Really nice job on the LED's.... I was thinking of getting the turn leds for my mirrors that have sequential flashes also.

You might want to wire in a modulator on that for the brake light..really makes a difference from behind....Mine are not LEDs but they do the trick.

http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/ss89/myhondas/videos/?action=view&current=DSCN5605.mp4

Edited by myhondas

You don't want to be in front of me either since I have a headlight moulator also. But..... I CAN turn them off if I want to. Tail is more difficult since I have to pull the seat, but the headlight is just a flip of my bright switch.

Nice. How much $ do you have in this setup?

I think it cost about $50 total for all the parts plus the soldering iron and solder. I don't remember cuz I bought all the stuff over a year ago and did my cavy tails with it and just tore it all apart to do this one so I only spent $4 on resistors this time around.