WTB: Canopy

APCh8r

Alright, looking to buy a new canopy because my quick shade has finally called it quits. I am looking for suggestions from everyone on where to find a good 10x10 or 12x12 canopy that will be able to withstand some abuse and weather. The quick shade got beat up by some wind at Beaver Run and I want to avoid this and find something that can withstand that. Not looking to break the bank on this, but also not looking for some cheap $60 junk from Walmart.

Thanks in advance.

Alright, so back on topic...who has suggestions on a good quality canopy

Nick, go to Dick's or order online. EZ-Up brand is what you want. Most sturdy and best quality outside an arm and a leg type ones that are above that.

For what you'll be doing, EZ-Up is the cheapest bet.

I would also suggest going one step further and make sure that you get one with a vented top. This will help keep it from turning into a giant umbrella and getting blown away.

I don't know that EZ-UP brands offer this type of canopy construction, but it's something to keep in mind IMO.

I would also suggest going one step further and make sure that you get one with a vented top. This will help keep it from turning into a giant umbrella and getting blown away.

I don't know that EZ-UP brands offer this type of canopy construction, but it's something to keep in mind IMO.

Not good when the rain comes. Typically, those are for patios and the like. Not open air areas like a paddock. Vents no good...

Really. Maybe we're not thinking of the same thing. Thing of a wind proof golf umbrella...same concept just on a pop-up canopy instead.

Are we on the same page? If we are, then your experiences have been different than mine I guess.

Really. Maybe we're not thinking of the same thing. Thing of a wind proof golf umbrella...same concept just on a pop-up canopy instead.

Are we on the same page? If we are, then your experiences have been different than mine I guess.

Yeah, the top is a cover of sorts... Like a golf umbrella like you mentioned. The thing is that when we get really hard rains that are blowing sideways, it travels up the canopy and gets into the vented area. Drips water all over everything...

Like our race team haulers on our semis - they don't have a single vent area for this reason as it will cause leaks under heavy rains and that is a no go when it is time to be working on bikes with exposed parts like carbs, intake ports, etc exposed...

Know what I mean, Vern?

Nick, stop being a DB and just get a full carport style one. If mine was plastic, wait, my friends is. I can get that for us to use. It will fit a car in it, PVC pulls, and super quick setup, 10 mins. Not as fast as an ez up, but you could live under this.

I can bring to any of our events. Its like the carport steel ones, but with PVC poles so super light.

http://www.creativeshelters.com/Canopy-Kits/Canopy-Kits-Directory.aspx

Nick, stop being a DB and just get a full carport style one. If mine was plastic, wait, my friends is. I can get that for us to use. It will fit a car in it, PVC pulls, and super quick setup, 10 mins. Not as fast as an ez up, but you could live under this.

I can bring to any of our events. Its like the carport steel ones, but with PVC poles so super light.

http://www.creativeshelters.com/Canopy-Kits/Canopy-Kits-Directory.aspx

No thanks, pain in the ass to set up, would rather have a ez-up