GoPro HD Hero owners. Get your backpack here.

jagr

I like being able to frame my shots for one. Also being able to watch what I've recorded in the field is a plus. Currently you must bring a laptop and DL load your footage before you can view it.

They also plan on putting out a battery backpack to double your bat. life.that combined with a 32G card you can record most of your day. Even with both backpacks it's still a small package.

And you're Asian so don't talk to me about ease of use. :D

I think the biggest thing that will be great about this is being able to frame your shots ahead of time. The HD gopro has no view finder so it was hard to get the camera pointed exactly the way you want it. I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

You can also use it like a regular camera now. Should get some funky results doing that IMO.

Now that you have to spend $80 in addition to the $259-$299 Go-Pro, there are some stick cameras with display that are a better choice in my opinion. MUCH smaller and not as bulky and stupid looking when attached to your helmet, etc...

Here's what a buddy has been using and it is super small and easy to mount on the bike. It has the screen to see what you are filming and he has also attached to his helmet and you can barely tell it is there...

http://pointofviewcameras.com/vio-pov-1-5-video-camera.html

Now that you have to spend $80 in addition to the $259-$299 Go-Pro, there are some stick cameras with display that are a better choice in my opinion. MUCH smaller and not as bulky and stupid looking when attached to your helmet, etc...

Here's what a buddy has been using and it is super small and easy to mount on the bike. It has the screen to see what you are filming and he has also attached to his helmet and you can barely tell it is there...

The GoPro's HD video quality has been hard to beat by others. Also, I'd rather not have a cord running down me to the controller.

Also, the HD version you want is here: http://pointofviewcameras.com/vio-pov-hd-camera.html and is $599.

and also, I'd like to watch you use that as a camera to run around with on a whim.

Edited by fusion

The GoPro's HD video quality has been hard to beat by others. Also, I'd rather not have a cord running down me to the controller.

Also, the HD version you want is here: http://pointofviewcameras.com/vio-pov-hd-camera.html and is $599.

and also, I'd like to watch you use that as a camera to run around with on a whim.

True. Good points. I just hate the way it looks like you have a cinder block on your head...

True. Good points. I just hate the way it looks like you have a cinder block on your head...

That's the one thing I hated at first, you get used to it. The kids run around around with it on their helmets and stuff all the time snowboarding and it doesn't look bad, just sticks out a bit.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had/have one of these. I'm not a fan. It IS bulky, and you will HAVE to have the video cable running out of a book bag or down your sleeves or d ringed to a belt or something to keep it out of the way and have the memory unit inside a tactical pouch or back pack. Not to mention, after a year, the video cable went bad on me and the shit stopped working and a new cable would have costed me around $90 to replace and make it work again. GO PRO ALL THE WAY. I have one of those now and I'm EXTREMELY happy with it and the versatility capabilities over a VIO P.O.V. I will admit the VIO is tough and can take a beating, but the Go Pro's hard case, submersible to 180 ft....pshh, can't beat that shit. Especially when OR members get 10% discount at Independent Motorsports. Just took my Go Pro back to Best Buy last week because there was about a $60 cheaper price difference at IMS with my discount. Now I'm just waiting on the new one to come in. Worth the wait...:cool:

Although, we do need more info on bac pac and if you can scroll through the go pro menu on it like someone asked. Also does the waterproof hardcase fit AROUND the lcd screen to protect it from the elements as it does for the camera itself? I'm fuckin down to get one ASAP if so!