cellphone jammer for $110

Casper

I'd mount that fucker in my truck.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

Hmm...

Refer to the other thread. You really think the seller is going to tell you its illegal to use a product he is selling. You are not allowed to interrupt communications per the fcc

Be careful here...

The Federal Communications Commission is charged with enforcing jamming laws. However, the agency has not yet prosecuted anyone for cell-phone jamming. Under the U.S. rules, fines for a first offense ca*n range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the government.
It could happen, remember all the CB radios they grabbed in the 80's and 90's? Yea, me neither.

In most countries, it is illegal for private citizens to jam cell-phone transmission, but some countries are allowing businesses and government organizations to install jammers in areas where cell-phone use is seen as a public nuisance. In December 2004, France legalized cell-phone jammers in movie theaters, concert halls and other places with performances. France is finalizing technology that will let calls to emergency services go through. India has installed jammers in parliament and some prisons. It has been reported that universities in Italy have adopted the technology to prevent cheating. Students were taking photos of tests with their camera phones and sending them to classmates.

So what we see is that even if it's maybe illegal the government reserves the right to do it anyway. As does any large organization with lots of lawyers.

FCC rule 15 leaves a lot of room for interpretation and of course nobody does interpretation better than a lawyer.

On the other hand the FCC would first have to file charges, which would be very un-likely if you were doing it ninja style.

the FCC is too busy making sure that the horrors of someone seeing a boob on TV or hearing a bad word on the radio are never realized.

:lol:

It was a "costume malfunction" not a boob!

Add to the mix that it is being done in some places, movie theaters and the like and the FCC has not as yet taken any action on the matter.

Just sayin'

Edited by Strictly Street

I keep getting a vision of road jamming, where the vehicles wobble around and swerve across other lanes, when their cell phones malfunction.

I looked it up in the other thread, and the FCC said that the only reason cell phone jamming has never been prosecuted is that no one has ever complained. That sort of says something about cell phone reception and acceptance of spotty coverage.

My experience says that intentional (or unintentional) continuous jamming from a static location will eventually be prosecuted. It's a pretty rare event. It did happen to a guy on the North end of Columbus. We all hated him for wide band disruption of CB channels. (back in the day). He lost license and paid a hefty fine. It took a long time to build a case against him, even though lots of people knew exactly who it was.

I had one friend tracked down for using a linear signal boost, and they just basically told him to quit doing that. (Not too hard to track down with that 30 foot antenna on the side of the house.)

The worst thing you can do is disrupt signals that are intended for multiple users. Such as TV or radio signals. Or public service channels, such as fire, police or aviation. I wouldn't mess with railroad or ship frequencies either. These type disruptions will pretty much be tracked down in days or weeks.