SuperBowl Sunday Driving...

ReconRat

If you don't know, driving on SuperBowl Sunday is hazardous. I'll guess maybe 10 times more hazardous.

A quick trip out, and I dodged multiple attempts at collision. Worst one was on the freeway, around the Brice entrance to 70 East. I had a red mini van come over at my front right fender, when it changed lanes toward me. I braked hard enough to make the ABS growl. That wasn't the first hard braking on the freeway either. I got some practice.

Lots of people doing really stupid moves everywhere. I watched two people at a 4 way stop suddenly and quickly hit the gas toward each other. I guess they had the brake covered, they stopped before hitting.

Saw an old Jaguar jerking really quick lane changes. Wasn't going fast, just driving weird.

I even saw a car driving sideways, really bad. You know, the bent and out of whack frame and axles. The back wheels were about an entire foot out of align with the front wheels. Staring at that will make you wreck your own car.

To make it all worse, I swung by the Odd Lots on Hamilton Rd, and it's gone. Empty storefront and the sign is missing.

Moral of the story... cover the brakes, yutughhh

edit: oh yeah, and nice pothole on 256 at 70 in the left lane to get on the freeway. If I had been in a car instead of a Jeep, it would have hurt something.

edit: oh yeah, and nice pothole on 256 at 70 in the left lane to get on the freeway. If I had been in a car instead of a Jeep, it would have hurt something.

That pothole is always there. Sometimes it's patched, but usually not for long.