US Army Airborne School BUMMER!

fazer1sniper

Some of you guys followed my Daughter's first bike, a mild custom 86 Yamaha Radian 600...

Anyway, since the she graduated Military Intel School in AZ, top 10% of her class, nailed a 364 out of 300 pt extended score ,Got a spot in Airborne School and orders to report to 3rd Special Forces Group at FT Bragg (dad still has contacts in his old field)...

Yesterday at Jump School.... she broke her foot. She's heartbroken. Now the future in unknown. Damn, this sucks.

Congrats on your daughter doing so well!

That sucks she broke her foot. I deployed with a guy that the same thing happened to. He's got pins and plates in his foot/ankle now. Don't think they let him jump again after that. I hope she can get through it. Hopefully she can get though it and fight them if they won't let her.

My uncle Jeff was airborne at Ft. Bragg.

He broke his BACK in several places when the dive master spaced a static-line jump for plane speeds. Unfortunately they were jumping from a helicopter, and Jeff ended up sitting on another soldier's parachute.

His never had time to fully open after that.

Sorry to hear about her foot. I hope she makes a full recovery and is up and running (literally) in a couple months - but keep in mind how much worse it could have been.

Happened to a buddy of mine too. Landed too hard & broke his leg. He was a muscular, bigger guy... Probably about 6'3"

Not to be a downer, but that was it for him & Airborne

Even after the back injury, my uncle was still doing monthly jumps. Not for hte first year or so, but I know he was back at it eventually.

And it sounds like this one's got youth on her side. My uncle enlisted late (24?), and was at least 30 by the time he broke his back. If he can make it back, she should have no problem.

as long as she doesn't get a permanent medical Profile, she'll be able to head back and do it up again.

Send her all the kudos from here if she starts to get down on herself.

BTW - She's gotta be tough to stay sane at Ft Huachuca, mostly crazy people make it out of there.

I went through basic at Ft Bragg, and got picked up by Special Forces to be a ...payroll clerk. If she's on with them, they should take care of every thing. At least that's the way it used to be. They like the smart ones, the ones that score top of their field.

Lots of SF troops broke bones on jumps, I never saw one bounced out. It's part of the job.