Rock on the Range 2011

gen3flygirl

Who's going?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going?

I heard Korn was a bunch of dick heads and walked out of the signing booth early because they wanted to see avenged seven fold. hate it when people dont respect the ones that allowed them to get where they are... never liked korn anyway.

I went. I had field access for both days. Another great year. I've been to ROTR ever since it started. Sure, it's expensive, but it's a hell of a time. I was thinking about taking the bike down that way but 10-12 hours of my bike sitting in a parking lot scares the crap out of me. Besides, who wants to be on a bike after 10+ hours of standing and then fighting that traffic. Clutch in...clutch out...clutch in...clutch out, lol...a good half hour of that crap wouldn't be much fun.

I rode my bike there for the free Friday concert. I wouldn't do it for the other days though. Who the hell wants to wear a helmut with an extremely sunburnt forehead? I didn't hear that about Korn. That's crazy. I thought Aaron Lewis of Staind looked really bored on stage as if he'd rather be anywhere else at that moment.

I rode my bike there for the free Friday concert. I wouldn't do it for the other days though. Who the hell wants to wear a helmut with an extremely sunburnt forehead? I didn't hear that about Korn. That's crazy. I thought Aaron Lewis of Staind looked really bored on stage as if he'd rather be anywhere else at that moment.

I've seen Staind 3 times live...I'm fairly sure thats his standard look

How was that on Friday, by the way? I didn't go because I figured 2 solid days of drinking was going to be enough...kinda wished I would have gone since Steel Panther was there.

I actually thought Staind and Korn did pretty well. I don't remember him walking off but I was kinda buzzed, haha.

It rocked my face off!! This year, IMO, wasn't as great as last year. Stained pissed us off cause he just walked off. A perfect circle was a joke, but korn and the others were ok. I've had field tickets every year and this year I was a little disappointed. On another note I did crowd surf to disturbed and got a few bruises. They are my war wounds. Really a great weekend though..

I was there for Sunday and overall disappointed with it. Sound was absolute shit in the stadium and the Jagermeister stage. FYE had killer sound and ADTR and Hollywood Undead were great. Other than that pass on it all. Only thing that I was impressed with was they stayed on their time schedule. Oh ya $8 16 ounce bud lights? GTFO

It rocked my face off!! This year, IMO, wasn't as great as last year. Stained pissed us off cause he just walked off. A perfect circle was a joke, but korn and the others were ok. I've had field tickets every year and this year I was a little disappointed. On another note I did crowd surf to disturbed and got a few bruises. They are my war wounds. Really a great weekend though..

How was APC a joke? They used to put on a pretty intense show.

so glad I didn't go, I'm getting too old for that shit :o and after the first one i went too they've just gotten worse every year

Edited by Bad324

I was there for Sunday and overall disappointed with it. Sound was absolute shit in the stadium and the Jagermeister stage. FYE had killer sound and ADTR and Hollywood Undead were great. Other than that pass on it all. Only thing that I was impressed with was they stayed on their time schedule. Oh ya $8 16 ounce bud lights? GTFO

Hence why I get field tickets. Sure you have to deal with some pushing and shoving but there's nothing like being right in front feeling that music. I'll never sit in the stands again as long as field tickets will be available. I thought the sound on the FYE stage sucked with Pop Evil and Hollywood Undead. And yes, the price of beer has been that way for at least the past couple years. Ridiculous, huh? I guess that's why we're seeing more and more tailgaters and more and more people drunk at 1 in the afternoon, :nono:

They better have a better lineup next year. APC definitely shouldn't have headlined. After paying for parking, weekend field tickets, beer, food, etc - that was easily a $350 weekend just for myself. Ouch.

so glad I didn't go, I'm getting too old for that shit :o and after the first one i went too they've just gotten worse every year

Awwwww come on now. My Dad (who is 65 years old) went with me the first 2 years! I guess if it's too loud, you're too old! Haha, just kidding...

But seriously, it's fun every year. Don't ever let the rock n' roll inside of you ever die!

Awwwww come on now. My Dad (who is 65 years old) went with me the first 2 years! I guess if it's too loud, you're too old! Haha, just kidding...

But seriously, it's fun every year. Don't ever let the rock n' roll inside of you ever die!

I was half kidding with the too old comment, I'm only 26. But lately I've been getting super picky about concerts and I've become more and more disappointed with ROTR so it just became not worth it to blow the money and a whole weekend

I was half kidding with the too old comment, I'm only 26. But lately I've been getting super picky about concerts and I've become more and more disappointed with ROTR so it just became not worth it to blow the money and a whole weekend

Exactly. Im very picky as well but wanted to go and see what it was about. I like good sound above all and I want go to a few places because of it.

Hence why I get field tickets. Sure you have to deal with some pushing and shoving but there's nothing like being right in front feeling that music. I'll never sit in the stands again as long as field tickets will be available. I thought the sound on the FYE stage sucked with Pop Evil and Hollywood Undead. And yes, the price of beer has been that way for at least the past couple years. Ridiculous, huh? I guess that's why we're seeing more and more tailgaters and more and more people drunk at 1 in the afternoon, :nono:

I dont think the sound wouldve been much better anywhere. I think we were hearing different things because FYE was the only stage I could hear the entire band; bass, drums, notes in the guitar riffs and actually understand the lead singers... I do not like the pushing and shoving anymore. I have been in some good pits in my day but not anymore. Im there for the show.

I've seen Staind 3 times live...I'm fairly sure thats his standard look

This was my second time. The first was right after they first blew up. They opened up that night for Korn and I had no clue who they were.

How was that on Friday, by the way? I didn't go because I figured 2 solid days of drinking was going to be enough...kinda wished I would have gone since Steel Panther was there.

I actually thought Staind and Korn did pretty well. I don't remember him walking off but I was kinda buzzed, haha.

I got there pretty late into it. I missed out on the first band and half of the second. Danko Jones was good, but annoying when he was just talking to the crowd. Steel Panther was awesome, and I'd definitely go see them again. An 80's themed rock bank with halarious lyrics. Their bickering back and forth between songs was funny too.

Exactly. Im very picky as well but wanted to go and see what it was about. I like good sound above all and I want go to a few places because of it.

I dont think the sound wouldve been much better anywhere. I think we were hearing different things because FYE was the only stage I could hear the entire band; bass, drums, notes in the guitar riffs and actually understand the lead singers... I do not like the pushing and shoving anymore. I have been in some good pits in my day but not anymore. Im there for the show.

I was right in front of the main stage, just a few rows of people back and I thought everyone on that stage sounded great. Well, except Puddle of Mudd since his voice kept cracking, lol. I tell you who I thought rocked the FYE stage - Trapt. I thought they did a hell of a job and the did sound amazing.

I was right in front of the main stage, just a few rows of people back and I thought everyone on that stage sounded great. Well, except Puddle of Mudd since his voice kept cracking, lol. I tell you who I thought rocked the FYE stage - Trapt. I thought they did a hell of a job and the did sound amazing.

I missed Trapt. It was the only conflicting bands we had (gf wanted to see Red Jumpsuit).

Maybe I would've enjoyed it more right in front. My gf is 5'2 so she would have had trouble and I would've wanted to punch people for bumping her....So stands were best choice. :D

I missed Trapt. It was the only conflicting bands we had (gf wanted to see Red Jumpsuit).

Maybe I would've enjoyed it more right in front. My gf is 5'2 so she would have had trouble and I would've wanted to punch people for bumping her....So stands were best choice. :D

Yeah the crowd definitely got rowdy for Trapt. I totally forgot how many hits they've had. The chick I took is a few inches shorter than me (I'm 5'8") and she doesn't have any trouble holding her own. I always jump in front of her if a pit breaks out to "protect" as much as I can but there's always taller dudes than me that help with the crowd surfers. Just gotta keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel, lol

How was APC a joke? They used to put on a pretty intense show.

The first 4 songs everyone just stood there and didn't move. They started to pick back up by the 5th song but by then we were over it. We had a 15 minute walk to the car so we left. For a main stager they had no theatrics either. A few firework booms but nothing else. Oh well, theres always next year.

The first 4 songs everyone just stood there and didn't move. They started to pick back up by the 5th song but by then we were over it. We had a 15 minute walk to the car so we left. For a main stager they had no theatrics either. A few firework booms but nothing else. Oh well, theres always next year.

I don't think they were a joke but I don't think they should have headlined. You have all these hardcore rock bands playing for a full 2 days and then all of the sudden it's immediately slowed down with them. But maybe that was their plan - to mellow out the show so no one was super drunk or stupid leaving on a Sunday night. Who knows. I think they belonged there but I'd rather see someone else headline. Just as you said, there's always next year...

I don't think they were a joke but I don't think they should have headlined. You have all these hardcore rock bands playing for a full 2 days and then all of the sudden it's immediately slowed down with them. But maybe that was their plan - to mellow out the show so no one was super drunk or stupid leaving on a Sunday night. Who knows. I think they belonged there but I'd rather see someone else headline. Just as you said, there's always next year...

FUCK.. i dont want to be mellowed out.. lol Paying as much as we do for field tickets i want to go hard the whole time.. But its whatever..