Help!

Ayegrefe21

I layed my bike down in some snow last night. I was lucky and was close by my house but it died and i had to push it the last little bit. I changed the oil on it and started it up. Rode down the street and it was running rough until it again died. Any ideas anyone?

My guess is the fuel levels in the float bowls is out of whack from the tip over. Get it started and let it run for a few minutes. It should resolve itself. Again, just my guess. I hate carbed bikes and have vowed to never own one again.

also, delete system32 folder.

worst case, get the carbs checked or clean them yourself.. should be plenty of "how-tos" all over the web. that will eliminate the carbs as a cause. you might have a pinched line somewhere or something like that.

how fast were you going when you went down?

• Upvote 1

also, delete system32 folder.

worst case, get the carbs checked or clean them yourself.. should be plenty of "how-tos" all over the web. that will eliminate the carbs as a cause. you might have a pinched line somewhere or something like that.

how fast were you going when you went down?

Doubt they need cleaned from a tipover. LOL

Doubt they need cleaned from a tipover. LOL

well, i wasn't trying to say that the tip over caused the carbs to be plugged up... but it's a common cause of "runnin' rough". so if the cause isn't immediately apparent, like "hey, why is my fuel line all shredded like and hanging off to the side?", and i would assume he would've mentioned any obvious damage in a "HELP ME LOL" thread, then seems like the next thing to do is try to eliminate likely causes. why not start with normal maintenance items?

Some more information on his bike/situation;

Its an '83 Magna VF750. There isn't a reserve/petcock, and it seems like its getting fuel. The carbs were recently cleaned thoroughly by Honda of Fairfield. It was running strong prior to the laydown.

Tomorrow we're pulling the plugs to see whats up.