1997 Kawasaki EX500 - $1200

redkow97

I'm debating whether or not to even renew my plates this year for the street bike, so that means I'm not riding it nearly enough.

'97 EX 500 with just over 15,000 miles. Always garaged. Oil changed more often than it needed to be. $1200 for OR members. I'll list it on CL in the spring for $1700 if it doesn't sell, so "strike while the iron's hot."

Has stiffer fork springs, and fresh fork oil, but suspension is otherwise stock. My rear shock froze a couple years ago, and it was replaced with another stocker someone gave me for free... So the rear shock might be a couple years older.

the huge stock signals were replaced by inexpensive aftermarket ones that look better, but admittedly aren't as visible.

It's got the normal scratches you'd expect from a bike its age, and 1 small crack in the fairing where the PO dropped it on the front turn signal. Otherwise, the bodywork is in good shape.

Coolant flushed twice a year (when I do my track bike).

No mechanical problems I'm aware of, but it could use a new rear tire. If that's a major problem for someone, we can work something out.

the bike's located outside of Cleveland, and I can trailer it a reasonable distance to meet with someone for a sale. I'd prefer not to be trailering it around for people to just look at though.

If you have a few pics I'd love to see it

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjQuanBn.jpg

the 2x6 under the center stand is no longer necessary. The bike was raised up for easier turn-in, but I sold the shorter dog-bones separately a while back.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjcuanBn.jpg

some of the reflective "pin striping" may also have come off since these were taken. It's just vinyl decal though. A little vegetable oil removes any goop residue.

You are maybe the first person to get that right in nearly 10 years..

I usually hear "whats AEY-TISH mean? :bow:

From playing Scrabble with my grandmother as a child, I know that the correct phonetic spelling of the letter "H" is "aitch." They used to let me cheat and use the dictionary.

From playing Scrabble with my grandmother as a child, I know that the correct phonetic spelling of the letter "H" is "aitch." They used to let me cheat and use the dictionary.

Ha!! and I thought my way was right! Good to know :bow: