HELP! Need help with K4 750 from OR member

GSXR-7Fish

Wow what a nice day to ride today! Well i've been letting my mooch friend ride the couch cause he's down on hard times, well I had him help with my dead battery today to start my bike, and course he hooked the cables up on the car backwards :confused:, I heard a loud snap then some smoke followed by a sulfur smell. Absolutely 0 power going to the bike now with the cables hooked up correctly. No fuel pump, nothing. I checked alot of the obvious fuses and another friend of mine said it could be a starter selenoid fuse. If any of you are like me, which Im sure alot of you are, I can barely rest my mind for 1 freakin second knowing there is an "un-addressed" issue with my baby. I live here in columbus and would glady pay $ if need be to get the bike to crank. Apperciate it guys regardless of help or not. :bow:

i agree with KTM if certain fuses blow....none of the stuff will work..did you go to bikebandit.com? put in all the info for your bike and schematic will show you where all the fuses are, check to see if a wire may have burned also? could have burned a ground wire, probably a simple fix but frustrating!

or you fried the ECU

Can't really see that happening with the fail safe lines that are put into place. If you fried an ECU and a fuse didn't blow before that, he had issues prior. But, assuming everything is stock and never been tampered with nor modified, it really shouldn't be more than a fuse or relay...

i agree with KTM if certain fuses blow....none of the stuff will work..did you go to bikebandit.com? put in all the info for your bike and schematic will show you where all the fuses are, check to see if a wire may have burned also? could have burned a ground wire, probably a simple fix but frustrating!

I agree very frustrating, and thank you I had not thought of checking for the schematic. Additonally my bike is not stock :/ It has the pc3 and some kind of HID aftermarket setup (looks professionally wired in however). I checked the fuses on everything under the seat, dident notice any blown. Had a similar problem with a bike, and it ended up being a "starter selinoid* fuse" If it happens to be the ecu...:nono: I've seen some on ebay for less than $200. Luckily im driving to sandusky in a pickup tommrow anyone and a buddy in town there has a shop so Im most likely going to load it up and tinker on it with him. Will have more info by tommrow hopefully. And oh yes... he's loading that bike into the truck by himself... useless. ;) (he's been very aplogetic hahahaha)