Weather

Scruit

Anyone else checking the weather multiple times a day? Like the 5th check of the forecast is gonna differ from the 4th... I know Mother Nature isn't like a frustrated parent who will finally just say; "Dammit! You can have a riding day then, just quit bugging me!" but it can't hurt to try. :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm one of the constant checkers for the weather. I've noticed that it varies like always but Ohio is special with it's weather. Just cache king the weather constantly to see what days are warm enough to ride.

This thread made me check the weather! Right now I mostly look to see if it's going to snow. I'd love to see some warm temps, but seeing lots of rain and no more salt going onto the roads is nice.

This thread made me check the weather! Right now I mostly look to see if it's going to snow. I'd love to see some warm temps, but seeing lots of rain and no more salt going onto the roads is nice.

I agree that the rain is good for the salt off the roads but a pain as well. Had three to four inches of water in the basement this morning not fun.

When does your riding season typically start? For me I like to see the temps above 40 in the morning if I'm going to enjoy the commute. Typically very late April or early May.

for me, any day thats 40+ degrees with less than 10 mph winds lol and im one of the weather checkers too lol, i check the 10 day forcast probably 3 times a day lol :D

I'll start riding to work if it's 34 to 38 in the mornings and dry. Watching out for frost of course, frost is slippery at any temperature. It's easy enough to forecast rain and avoid it. Light rain is just ride in it anyway. Bad news is, cold this week, and warm with rain forecasted the week after. Dunno yet...

edit: checked once again the 2 weeks forecast. Will be getting bikes out this week and ready to go. There will be a couple of days that are nice to ride, and a couple of others that will be close enough.

edit2: semi psyched... I want to burn off a tank of gas by next weekend... That's 200-300 miles...

Edited by ReconRat

What do you check with? I usually use NOAA.gov

I use that, mostly for it's amount of rain forecasted and when. The advanced mapping at the bottom of the page. I use wunderground for current conditions and when and how to dodge the rain. Using the local radar with the extra temperature readings from local stations. Plus it usually shows that it's warmer inside the city. I use the accuweather for the two week forecast. Using the month tab. Plus it has the cool high and low temperature graphs. Anything more than three days ahead will change. Anything more than 6 days ahead will change a lot. But it's something to work with.

Edited by ReconRat