SR170 Poland to Calcutta

Rocks

Got my AMA mag the other day + this route is listed as one of the top 15 MC roads in the country. I'm talkin it's on the same list as PCH, BRP, Tail of the Dragon + it's right here in Ohio. Personally, never heard of it nor have any of my friends. If yah head that way, check out 164 on the way back. It's another great MC road.

Its fun as shit.. plus right off it is a sweet greasy spoon called the steel trolley diner, you guessed it.. a old train car!

If anyone wants to gtg and ride this fucker, it starts about 3 miles from my house..

I spoke up about another thread on 170, I ride it about once a week in the summer, it's fun when there are no cars, which is rare, and it's not easy to pass on. There is one long straight for passing, but the two good hilly curvy sections usually get clogged up with traffic. 164 is better, more blind though. Worth checking out for sure, but nothing compares to the roads down south.

...If yah head that way, check out 164 on the way back. It's another great MC road.

When you're coming back up 164, just before 164 & 165 meet, keep an eyeball open for Blosser Road.

If you're bored, turn on the road, you'll run into 165 in a mile or so. The old farmhouse is on the right side of the road - the summer house and smokehosue are still there, but I believe the barns have been torn down and houses put up. :(

That's a pretty fucking straight road to earn its place on "best" motorcycle roads. A lot of cruiser riders must have voted. Is there a bar at either end or something?

26 or 800 are longer, curvier, prettier country, and less traveled. I guess not as many desperate-for-curves Northern Ohio folks knew to vote for 'em tho, which is what that survey was - a popularity contest.

If it were a serious look at great roads, honestly, nothing in Ohio would have gotten near the list. Fuck, about every 2-digit state route in WV or NC puts our best to shame. Rt. 152 in New Mexico across the Black Range is 63 miles of relentless twisties and switchbacks cut through beautiful pine mountains and rock formations on a road with no traffic....not one mention.

Crappy list, IMHO.

Don't you guys realize what's going on here?

This is a GENIUS ploy by someone at AMA to direct that vast majority of the AMA magazine readers AWAY from the good riding to save it for the rest of us!

I applaud them.

Don't you guys realize what's going on here?

This is a GENIUS ploy by someone at AMA to direct that vast majority of the AMA magazine readers AWAY from the good riding to save it for the rest of us!

I applaud them.

That works for me.;)

One of the best things about S.E.O. roads is that you usually have the road to yourself...very little traffic.