Another noob down

psyco1

There have been plenty of accidents on rides with people from here that were on 25MPH curves or even less. It can happen to anyone at any time by people who have experience and are sober; I have seen it happen more than once.

I will give you guys that the stereotype about HD riders probably not being sober during that time of night may be true but none of us know for sure.

No helmet is a matter of choice just like riding the back roads at 100MPH is both behaviors are dangerous. If any of the guys on here that ride the back roads in such a manor think that your choices are superior to his you might be wrong. If one of us should go down riding like that how defensive would the rest of us be if someone thought that our injuries were deserved.

No helmet is a matter of choice just like riding the back roads at 100MPH is both behaviors are dangerous.

I give people shit for speeding excessively too, so no hypocrisy here :D

I'm all for choices, but choices have consequences.

It's difficult to judge a situation without knowing all the facts, and the news rarely gives the full story. With that in mind, I'll STFU about this particular rider in this particular incident.

But I don't feel badly about generalizing. If you're not wearing a helmet, you're accepting the risk of more serious injury. If you're doubling the speed limit, you're doing the same. In either case, I don't think it's fair for emergency personal to race to your rescue and potentially neglect other injured individuals who were taking reasonable steps to protect themselves and obey traffic laws.

Where's the justice in that?

The same rationalization is why the Japanese earthquake/tsunami victims have gotten a donation from me, but the people looting TV's after hurricane Katrina can suck it. Yeah, a few people ruined it for everyone; just like a few riders give all of us a terrible reputation.