UR too cheap!

buildit

Another case of wanting to live well beyond there means. :D

The story:

So I got a good deal on a used bike that I wanted several parts off of and decided to part out the rest. One of the items being sold was a set of rear pegs. Now I know this is not like a high value item so $15 seemed fair. Well I get a person from PA responding they'll pay $10 for them. So what the hell, $10 and I'll ship them USPS with there if it fits it ships, so $20 total. They respond, no $10 shipped.:wtf: So I ask them why I should pay them to take the item? So two weeks pass and the person responds back that her sister lives in Zanesville and could ride to my place (about 80 miles away across I-70) and pick them up for $10. I respond I can meet her at I-70 and Rt42 with the pegs, but just have her bring $10 so I can save a trip to the bank.

A week later now her sister e-mails me to ask when I could meet her in Johnstown.:nono: I e-mailed back I was sorry but that my origional offer still stood to meet north of London and that if this was not acceptable I wished her sister luck with another seller.:rolleyes:

In my mind I'm thinking you're too cheap to afford this high priced item. :lol:

Sounds like an average CL experience. My thoughts are if you want what i have for sale then you come to my hometown to get it. I did help a guy out from Kentucky once. We met half way but it did make a few hundred dollars on the deal. But thats alittle different than a 10-20 dollar item.

bout like my brother. he wants my fiances flareside. I told him 4K, He comes back with 3600. I let him know that it was listed on craigslist for 4500. He says he has to sell his f250 first. So, he does and then calls me and says he sold his truck and when can I bring him the flareside. I let him know I was not going to put insurance and tags on it to bring it to him, he could come and get it. he gets mad at me?

I was like really do you get on craigslist and want something and tell the people to bring it to you? WTF.

Well your my brother and its not my truck. Jeeze.

Of course I like the people off of craigslist, that want your item. Even though you listed it pick up only at the price listed. So when they want to meet you the price is 5-10 more, relative to the gas cost to get it to them and they are the ones upset because that is not what its listed for? Really.

Yea, no one wants to pay more on CL to go pickup an item if they have to. when I sold the bike I said I'd deliver it but its gonna cost ya. :D. Only way to really roll without putting out too much money out selling items that dip into your profits if any.

I ran into that with our dining room table, but this was on a local forum. I had is listed for $50 to get it out of our house. It originally cost $650 new, so $50 was cheap. This lady PMs me that she wants it, then later PMs me that her brothers truck broke down and she has no way to pick it up. So I offer to deliver it, since it was only 3 mile outside town. Then she says she has no vehicle to get into town to go to the bank, so I offer to drive her to the bank. Then she tells me her husband bought a tractor and now she can't afford it.

I was like WTF?!?! Maybe he should have bought a car so you could get your ass to the bank!

BTW, I still have the table.

• Upvote 1

I ran into that with our dining room table, but this was on a local forum. I had is listed for $50 to get it out of our house. It originally cost $650 new, so $50 was cheap. This lady PMs me that she wants it, then later PMs me that her brothers truck broke down and she has no way to pick it up. So I offer to deliver it, since it was only 3 mile outside town. Then she says she has no vehicle to get into town to go to the bank, so I offer to drive her to the bank. Then she tells me her husband bought a tractor and now she can't afford it.

I was like WTF?!?! Maybe he should have bought a car so you could get your ass to the bank!

BTW, I still have the table.

:lol::lol:

Well, the stuff I have sold paid for the bike and I still have the parts off it that I bought it for. I just refuse to pay to get rid of parts. Maybe they didn't notice my post wasn't under "stuff for free" or "shit I'll pay you to take from me"?:rolleyes:

Irony continues since she just posted up about how her bike wouldn't run for the past few weeks after getting free gas from a friend. Turned out the free gas was several years old out of a bike being worked on. Poor girl had to dump and toss the whole tank and fill with fresh fuel to get the bike to run. :lol: Sometimes it's worth paying for the good stuff. :p

Well, the stuff I have sold paid for the bike and I still have the parts off it that I bought it for. I just refuse to pay to get rid of parts. Maybe they didn't notice my post wasn't under "stuff for free" or "shit I'll pay you to take from me"?:rolleyes:

Irony continues since she just posted up about how her bike wouldn't run for the past few weeks after getting free gas from a friend. Turned out the free gas was several years old out of a bike being worked on. Poor girl had to dump and toss the whole tank and fill with fresh fuel to get the bike to run. :lol: Sometimes it's worth paying for the good stuff. :p

What forum is this on?? This is killing me. :lol: