To OR members... My apologies...

Moto-Brian

I don't know when to knock things off. I don't know when to stop and pull away from the keyboard.

Happens to the best of us, I too have this problem quite often :o

Edited by SWing'R

Street has speed limit.. No one is fast on the street.. What is the point.

Speed on a track is where it counts.

Street riding is like masterbating...

Track riding is baby making!

You don't have to speed on 555 to be fast. Fast is a relevant term here.

A track is too controlled. No animals jumping out in front of you, no Amish buggies, no tractors, no horse crap, no gravel, no 95yr old women going 12mph, no dogs chasing you in a 15mph church/school zone (little shit actually caught me too), etc. And you're just looking at the same stuff over and over and over and over. Like I've said before, I've never done it. It might be a blast. I'll probably try it one day. But if I have to pick, I'm choosing trips. You're more than welcome to join. You can even stay in my tent. ;)

You don't have to speed on 555 to be fast. Fast is a relevant term here.

A track is too controlled. No animals jumping out in front of you, no Amish buggies, no tractors, no horse crap, no gravel, no 95yr old women going 12mph, no dogs chasing you in a 15mph church/school zone (little shit actually caught me too), etc. And you're just looking at the same stuff over and over and over and over. Like I've said before, I've never done it. It might be a blast. I'll probably try it one day. But if I have to pick, I'm choosing trips. You're more than welcome to join. You can even stay in my tent. ;)

Now that you are talking about spooning in a tent.. I'll go v strom shopping today :D

I can't take the tuna to the track.... you know how bad rabbit and dub would feel when I turned faster times than them with it??? We could be charged with being involved in their suicides!

damn thats cold...:D or am i just feeling the draft from my zipper being down??:wtf:

I can't take the tuna to the track.... you know how bad rabbit and dub would feel when I turned faster times than them with it??? We could be charged with being involved in their suicides!

Thats funny :lol:

kinbda like those kids on the 125's 250's at jennings.. yea.. im not that fast.. they made me wanna cry (secretly wanted to be like them )

those kids make me smile my stupid face off. I was at Putnam with Kaleb DeKeyrel (http://www.dekeyrelracing.com/), and during the riders' meeting they asked "who traveled the furthest to get here?" Kaleb had come from Minnesota, and they gave him a free hat. I remember sarcastically muttering, "great, the kid is already going to be faster than me, and now they're giving him a free hat too..." I was 100% joking, and everyone who heard my comment laughed, but later that day; after I had seen Kaleb on track quite a bit, Kaleb came over to my pit and offered me the hat he'd won. I should have made the kid sign it and accepted it, but obviously I told him I had only been joking, and that he should keep his hat and instead tow me around a couple of laps.

Again, I was joking, but his dad came over and told me they were going to send Kaleb out on the Moriwaki 250 he races in the USGPRU and that if I really wanted a tow, I should get my helmet on ASAP.

So i followed the kid. I ended up being a couple seconds a lap faster, but I did follow him for 5 or 6 laps and just kept it in 4th gear on the straight to avoid passing him. Lord knows there were places where i needed my horsepower advantage to make up ground I'd lost through the turns, but what I really enjoyed was seeing the instructors accommodate kaleb on his smaller bike.

He was every bit as talented as the other riders on the track, but making a pass stick when you're giving up 70+ horsepower isn't easy. Frankly, it was a privilege to watch, and like I said, I couldn't stop smiling.

I had no clue who Kaleb was until I got back home and pulled up his name on the internet. He's just a regular kid. If anything, he's better behaved than most kids his age. He rode like an adult all day, then played like a kid in the paddock when the day was over. Again, I couldn't stop smiling. It doesn't even need to be a secret for me - I definitely want to be like those kids on the 125's and 250's.