Summit crash o my...

natedogg624

update from the guy who got the wheel in the back:

the guy on the ground to the left and the guy that hit me went to the ER. i picked up my bike and rode back to the pits. when i got back to baltimore i had some xrays of my left thumb, it's broken. I'm sore, some stiffness in my right leg. i think his front fairing hit my leg so hard my knee dented the side of my tank

still no word on the two rider's conditions

By proof of video, I doubt Sean makes those two kids do two more weekends... Pretty typical overreaction with the endo/stoppie. Guy got in way too hot and just bowling balled the other guys. Quite a bit worse than Rossi's mistake...

Looked like two stoppies before the collision.

you're right, two increasingly larger stoppies before the third one hit the guy in the back.

By proof of video, I doubt Sean makes those two kids do two more weekends... Pretty typical overreaction with the endo/stoppie. Guy got in way too hot and just bowling balled the other guys. Quite a bit worse than Rossi's mistake...

Probably right, but the ladies didn't sign their slip for the weekend. Gave the guy my video file, so hopefully Sean gives an exception for these guys.

I got 10th and 6th, but was still running about 4 seconds off my pace from last year. Mental demons from VIR last year still lingering.

Glad I was in front of that crap, but we got red flagged in both of our races on the first lap....Meatginder group 4tL!

i finished the weekend which was goal numero one.

sunday morning practice went really well had some fun with steve and his unfortunately slow lap times.

first race, c superstock was really fun had a nice battle with another r6 for over half the race - finished ninth.

second race c superbike/heavyweight finished 11th.

overall i accomplished all my goals that i set for the weekend so i am really pleased with myself. also, i learned i'm a really good starter... now i just need to work on the rest of the skills to maintain positions gained.

I got 10th and 6th, but was still running about 4 seconds off my pace from last year. Mental demons from VIR last year still lingering.

Glad I was in front of that crap, but we got red flagged in both of our races on the first lap....Meatginder group 4tL!

That sucks, how did nate do?

By proof of video, I doubt Sean makes those two kids do two more weekends...

Ya, Sean's a crank on the internet, but he's all for accountability. In one-on-one emails, he was down right "nice" to me :p

I believe he also posted up relatively recently (or I read an old thread recently) about the "myth" that crashing with an orange shirt on is some kind of black mark on your record. T-boning someone else is way different than lowsiding by yourself pushing too hard. You're allowed to make mistakes as a new racer; just not mistakes that put others at unreasonable risk of harm.

Anyone could have been collected by that rider. the fact that they were wearing orange shirts is just a bad coincidence.

update to those not following wera:

4 riders down total

-- guy who bombed the corner and endo'd is out for the season with a broken neck or c3 vertebra, non paralyzing thankfully

-- guy who got hit by endo'ing guy has broken thumb and sore knee from the front end of the bike that hit him that ended up denting his tank

-- one was uninjured

-- guy that got side swiped by broken thumb - transported to the ER and his current condition is unknown.

Edited by natedogg624