gopro users.... help

LeNko

was lookin for thoughts towards customer service or repairs..

bought a new HD motorsports package with the suction cup option.(craigslist) Tried it a few times on a snowboard trip.. great camera.. got some really good footage. well yesterday a trip to Iron pony gave me a "great" idea on putting the suction cup on a helmet(display model)...got home, did some prep work on the helmet, cleaned, claybar, alcohol cleaner... mount goes on solid, swung the helmet by the camera for a test.. nothing moved. it was solid as can be like the dude at IP said it would be... 9 minutes 23 seconds into the ride.. camera got bored and hit the road... literally! waterproof case sadly doesnt mean concrete safe haha.

scratched the lens bigger than shit so pics arent all that smooth. surprisingly the camera still works great.

now im not blaming anyone but myself for the mishap, id really just like to get the lens replaced and have no clue if possible..

an email has been sent to gopro(only form of customer service?? really), waiting to hear back.

has anyone had experience with the camera and or repairs?

i wish.. the black clip that holds the waterproof case shut didnt appreciate the ride and was never found. so the camera took a pretty good tumble out side of the case. camera lens is scratched...

Figures.

I've never used them for any service work, but if it was cheap enough to do so, I'd try it out.

My guess is that their "repair" would be en entirely new camera. Their cost on these things has got to be very low - like $25 or so. There just isn't anything to them.

I thought their CS was great. My camera was still in warranty so I can't comment on price but I always heard back from them same day. Aren't they based out of CA, if so keep in mind the time diff so responses can lag.

Same thing happened to me...well kinda, only my mount came off my bike while at the track. I sent go pro an email, and they requested pics of the damage. I sent them pics, next thing you know, they replied back with a 40% off coupon code towards a new camera and a coupon code for a free accessory : )

I don't use a suction cup mount on anything without a backup lanyard of some sort,

I don't trust suction cup mounts, my gps constantly falls off my windshield :(

I don't use a suction cup mount on anything without a backup lanyard of some sort' date='

I don't trust suction cup mounts, my gps constantly falls off my windshield :([/quote']

yeah lesson learned!! ive been lookin at lanyard ideas all day lol

yeah lesson learned!! ive been lookin at lanyard ideas all day lol

Seems thats the most common way to learn leasons ;). I made my own for my gps.

Just a piece of black-coated string from the craft store, cut it about 12" long, made a

loop on each end, then I pull it thru the loop and wrap around the mirror and wrap the other

end around the gps mount, works like a champ. Now when the suction cup decides to let go

my gps doesn't end up sliding across the dash, it just dangles from the mirror. :p