Hey computer guys

bandit12

This is on a Windows machine, correct?

Is everything working, including the optical drive(s) (i.e. CD/DVD)? I ask because if the PC is using IDE hard/optical drives, there <might possibly> be a conflict. IDE is an 'older' technology; any PC made in the past 3~ish years is probably using SATA.

The newer (XP on) Windows versions usually take care of this stuff automagically, much better than in the old (pre-XP) days.

DMA = Direct Memroy Access, btw. In a nutshell, it allows devices (hard/optical drives) to transfer data to each other without involving the CPU.

Does everything seem to work as before this message appeared?

Just to be safe, I'd get an external drive (> $100 anywhere, Wally World, Target, Best Buy) and copy anything you would rather not lose over to it. "If you have a good backup, the server doesn't crash" (or the stupid user doesn't delete a file and want it back).

I completely forgot to take this into consideration. This may require fdisk a few times.

hopefully, nobody set up us the bomb.

if not, it have no chance to survive make your time.

It it an Acer computer running Vista. I bought it in January 2009.

Everything actually seems to work fine and the youngest boy has his laptop and PS3 running off the same line with a router.

I will admit it, I aren't to bright on these things.

You mentioned a PS3 - have the kids tried to set up streaming with the PC to the PS3?

There are programs out there that use DMA and have DMA error logs that are used for media streaming with the PS3.

You mentioned a PS3 - have the kids tried to set up streaming with the PC to the PS3?

There are programs out there that use DMA and have DMA error logs that are used for media streaming with the PS3.

oh yeah, maybe it's that useless fucking DLNA thing.

I think maybe it has something to do with Java script but I may be out in left field on that. I have had several things that have wanted me to switch to Java like crossword puzzles and some old picture CD's from my old iMac. I just exit out and won't download it.

Just a guess.