Rickey Gadson tests out the new 2011 ZX10 on the strip

Casper

very impressive times - but i think its kinda pathetic that they were able to burn up the clutch in just a couple passes.... kawi needs to do something about that.... that would have to be one of the first mods you did to the thing was to put a good clutch in it

the bike didnt look as ugly in green.....for some reason, in black, those things look like shit to me...the nose on them is funky (like all other kawis lol)....but in green it looked alright

155 is a very admirable 1/4 speed for a 1000 with no more than they bolted onto it -- Good to see someone is going to be able to keep up with the new Beemer's, but Kaw should've used the ZX14 clutch and basket for the new ZX10, then it'd be more bulletproof........14's clutches are awesome and a quick spring/spacer kit away from holding up to 300hp pass after pass after pass after pass........I'm always hearing about guys getting HUNDREDS of passes on stock OE clutches - good stuff

I didn't get to have audio when I skimmed the video... ETs?

10.05@143 they burned up the clutch, with new clutch they got 9.93 @ 144 (stock) and 9.40 at 155 after sprockets, exhaust, and whatever other bolt ons they had

Edited by Steve Butters

It burned up clutches due to the fact that it is designed and built to be a road racer - not a drag bike. Not saying the Busa was designed as such, either. But, we do not harm clutches as much as what they put the bike through - especially since it was done over and over again...

We can get 1/2 a season at worse and sometimes a full season on a clutch.

I think it is pretty darn impressive for the bike out of the crate to pull such numbers, but not really surprised as the power and the wight are there to be such...

I like how the thing wants to stand up mid track under load... SAWEEET!!

It burned up clutches due to the fact that it is designed and built to be a road racer - not a drag bike. Not saying the Busa was designed as such, either. But, we do not harm clutches as much as what they put the bike through - especially since it was done over and over again...

We can get 1/2 a season at worse and sometimes a full season on a clutch.

I think it is pretty darn impressive for the bike out of the crate to pull such numbers, but not really surprised as the power and the wight are there to be such...

i agree on all points - but i still think the clutch on it is pathetic...especially seeing as how they burned it up after just a couple passes, with the bike bone stock....im willing to bet they get a lot of warranty work done on those clutches when those bikes are out on the street...if i had a brand new bike that burned up the clutch in less than a thousand miles, i wouldnt be happy...they need to put a beefy clutch in it like the zx14

That bike makes like 180 HP it shoulda been 8's all day
:lol: You are joking, right?
My 05 lifted when shifting to 2nd almost every time, and sometimes when shifting to 3rd. I've made my peace with God a few times.

This month's CW also had THE test in it. Compared to last years model, this one is down 10 horses throughout the 4000-9500RPM range, but gives you a 6HP advantage in peak output. Hell of an effort from Kawasaki. Weighs 412 dry!

They also have a 'Best Used Bikes' section. This month it's the '06-'07 ZX-14

531lbs dry, it posted the quickest quarter mile run they ever did to that point. 9.78 146.4. Always liked that bike.