02 sv650 s

gen3flygirl

When we first started riding together he had an older kawi ex500. Sold that bike last spring and bought the SV, for some reason he decided he wanted a Harley so the SV has been sitting in his garage. Im pretty sure all the miles he put on it was going to and from work.

When we first started riding together he had an older kawi ex500. Sold that bike last spring and bought the SV, for some reason he decided he wanted a Harley so the SV has been sitting in his garage. Im pretty sure all the miles he put on it was going to and from work.

He is very optomistic with his asking price. Especially being an older gen carbed bike.. Sv650's are great bikes.. Even the 01 and 02.. But 4k is crazy.. If he would take "A LOT LESS" then he should just list it for A LOT LESS. :D

He is very optomistic with his asking price. Especially being an older gen carbed bike.. Sv650's are great bikes.. Even the 01 and 02.. But 4k is crazy.. If he would take "A LOT LESS" then he should just list it for A LOT LESS. :D

if there is one thing I've learned about craigslist, I always overprice the shit out of things because most people feel good about talking you down from your price and feel like they got a deal on it. Makes it a ton easier to sell. But on the flip side of that, things that are absurdly priced I wouldn't even contact thinking they wouldn't come down to what I would pay

Dubguy: so what would be a reasonable price to pay for this?

Gen3: Do you know how low your friend would go?

You can get a nice 2nd gen for 3000 - 3300 all day long.. I know because ive been looking.. I sold my 2001 sv650 for 2100 last year... This bike in this condition with these miles is probably $2500..

Kbb is 2640$.

That's a dealership price.

I doubt they could get $2500 unless a buyer wanted that EXACT bike and had to have it.

I sold my 2003 SV in 2009 for $3500 and it had just about every desirable accessory and mod you could do. They're great bikes but you just have to find the right buyer.

Who knows maybe he will get lucky and some newb on craigslist will buy it.

truth. I had a kid willing to pay me $1800 for my EX500. he was dead serious about paying asking price, but I knew it was never going to happen when he said, "just let me talk to a bank about a loan."

There's no such thing as an $1800 loan... If you can't afford to drop $1800, no bank in the world is going to lend it to you. I should have suggested he try "Pay Days." :rolleyes:

I also had some a-hole offer me $700 for my 600RR that was listed at $3800. CL is a mindfuck.

There's no such thing as an $1800 loan... If you can't afford to drop $1800, no bank in the world is going to lend it to you. I should have suggested he try "Pay Days." :rolleyes:

loan no, but most people fail to realize some banks have awesome lines of credit! Its how I bought my project IROC in college and then my first bike. I also got in before the whole mortgage shit and my interest was 2.9% whereas on my car loan it was freakin 9%! Thank god that baby was paid off in 14 months (on a 72 month loan)

• 1 month later...

If you believe there aren't $1800 loans, you must wear a tin foil hat to protect you from aliens too.

If you believe there aren't $1800 loans, you must wear a tin foil hat to protect you from aliens too.

^^^this. Banks will finance a toothpick if you have the credit and they can make a buck.