No more Indianapolis GP?

Bluezx6r

Amazing how GP outside of America it is shoulder to shoulder people and all seats are filled!

You look at the races, WSBK too, and it looks empty here in the states.

A lot of that is camera trickery. The turn out for Indy wasn't very far off the numbers for many of the tracks.

Qatar 7,302?

Jerez 122,048

Le Mans 82,270

Mugello 80,000

Silverstone 70,123

Assen 97,146

Catalunya 81,426

Sachsenring 98,477

Laguna Seca 51,436

Brno 148,120

Indy 67,794

Aragon 70,124

There was a rumor circulating at one point that New Jersey Motorsports Park was being considered as the secondary American round.

I think that's a pipe-dream, but if they linked "Thunderbolt" and "Lightning" together into a 4+ mile circuit, it could happen.

I don't envy Dorna's decision here. They HAVE to ride at that Texas track - it's immaculate and was designed for F1 and Moto GP... But Laguna has the corkscrew, and so much history, they will catch hell for removing it from the schedule (if it ever comes to that).

...I'd go to Texas for a GP race, I guess.

New Jersey went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy last month.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/16695/

I agree with everyone else. It will suck if there is no longer any gp racing @ indy but I've been there all 3 yrs and the crowds are getting smaller.

Ill deff go to austin for the moto gp race. I get my tickets for free so ill deff pay for a plane ticket and head out there for the weekend.

The first race is scheduled for what...2013 right?...plenty of time to save that spending money:D