G.I. Joe Book

vw151

A friend of mine (lot's of you have met James) just completed a comprehensive guide to G.I. Joe figures that he had been working on for years. Not sure if any of you are into Joes but I figured I'd throw it up here in case you were. All of the photography is original, he designed the book and laid it out himself. He literally did this beginning to end by himself. Only thing he paid for was the printing. He paid a photographer but for the most part shot everything himself with the photographer's equipment. It's actually a really nice book. Nice coffee table material.

http://rahcguide.com/

and the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAHC-Guide/188540487851596?ref=nf

you can order from him by emailing rahc.guide@gmail.com for payment details. He's a 1 man show.

193466_188541727851472_188540487851596_413105_2467730_o.jpg

Edited by vw151

i took my godson to the collectables store in Zanesville last weekend. I about had a shitfit when I saw what some of those cost now. I had damn near all of them. I think there was only 1 vehicle I never got. I had the hover craft and the aircraft carrier, along with a ton of tanks and helicopters. Gave it all to my little cousin.

I am a idiot!

One of the helicopters I had was 450.00 in the box.

If nothing else do me a favor guys and Like the FB page to get the book some publicity. I believe he's selling it for $40 and if you saw it in person, it is every bit of a $40 book. I'm not a big GI Joe guy but I am pretty impressed.

based on the picture, I'm guessing this book is about the "2nd generation" GI Joes and not the 18" 'movable action figure' (not a "doll") from the 60's, correct?

I know the old ones are worth quite a bit, but the 'new' generation is actually worth money now? I probably have half those figures buried in my back yard somewhere, or living in a "tree base" that my brothers and I forgot about.

based on the picture, I'm guessing this book is about the "2nd generation" GI Joes and not the 18" 'movable action figure' (not a "doll") from the 60's, correct?

I know the old ones are worth quite a bit, but the 'new' generation is actually worth money now? I probably have half those figures buried in my back yard somewhere, or living in a "tree base" that my brothers and I forgot about.

Yep. I'm 31, they'd be the one's I grew up with. Believe it or not they are very collectible too.

my brother's birthday is in August. Any idea what this runs?

I'm 28, and my brothers and I used to get 1 GI Joe guy every time we went to K-Mart (if we'd done all our chores for a couple weeks straight). We must have had over a hundred, and played with them violently. I have done more GI Joe "surgeries" than I can count. "Duke's thumb broke off, and Heavy-Duty's leg snapped at the knee. where's dad's tiny phillips-head screwdriver? We can rebuild him. We have the technology..."

I'm betting we were a little too young to own many of the really collectible figures and vehicles, but we probably had a few. Next year's Halloween costume is shaping up to be "Night Creeper Leader." I plan to have fun with that.

Edited by redkow97

If nothing else do me a favor guys and Like the FB page to get the book some publicity. I believe he's selling it for $40 and if you saw it in person, it is every bit of a $40 book. I'm not a big GI Joe guy but I am pretty impressed.

...:rolleyes:

I'm 28, and my brothers and I used to get 1 GI Joe guy every time we went to K-Mart (if we'd done all our chores for a couple weeks straight). We must have had over a hundred, and played with them violently. I have done more GI Joe "surgeries" than I can count. "Duke's thumb broke off, and Heavy-Duty's leg snapped at the knee. where's dad's tiny phillips-head screwdriver? We can rebuild him. We have the technology..."

I'm betting we were a little too young to own many of the really collectible figures and vehicles, but we probably had a few. Next year's Halloween costume is shaping up to be "Night Creeper Leader." I plan to have fun with that.

You know, it's funny, I'd have never known what is collectible and what is not but what it really seems to come down to is production. If the figure was made in low numbers and it was desirable then it was valuable.

For instance, they accidentally produced a figure with black (african american) colored skin when the character was supposed to be white. So that figure is rare and desirable and therefore valuable.

The most valuable figure James has is one that there are only 20 in known existence. (I could be off) and it's a destro with leopard print on his coat. They call him "pimp daddy destro" It's interesting how no matter what you are into the sky is the limit on what kind of money you can spend.

The only thing I never destroyed or played with in anyway were my matchbox mustangs. I have hundreds of them.Even today I find myself checking the isles out at Wally World when we go.

A lot of My gi joe stuff got ruined cause I made the planes actually fly. the lawn mower got some of the stuff too.

yeah, the neighbor kid had the GI Joe SR-71 Blackbird. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world when I was 8. He was a little older than me and got sick of it. it got "shot down" and burned to a melted pile of plastic in his back yard.

my little brothers were PISSED. They wanted that thing so bad...