ZTR Road Enduro

buildit

Posted for those looking for some adventure riding on the dual sport bikes.

ROADENDURO.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv196/ARROW008/ROADENDURO.jpg

A special enduro for those not necessarily into offroad riding. Event organizers recommend a MC you are capable and proficient at riding in gravel. I'm going to try to attend on the V-strom. It will be my first time riding it.:)

• Upvote 1

do how can they actually have a competition if they are not actually racing?

I only say that because you cant actually race on public roads? Technically.

Sure you can. Speed won't win it. It's based on time. For each stint, you're given x amount of time. Anything over or under is points off. So the closer you are to the time allowed, the better you do. This never requires breaking the speed limit. The allowed times are what the judges feel it should take doing the speed limit or under to complete the stint.

Endurance races like this are done all the time.

Hardest part will be reading the roll chart while riding. Unless you have a tank bag with a map holder so you can read the sheet while riding. 50MPH, stop, pull out chart, read, put chart away, go, reach next turn, stop, read chart, put it away, go like hell again, hope I'm not to fast or slow. :lol:

I am probably the odd man on this, but the idea of road enduros sounds too much like work. Last thing I wanna do on a nice adventure ride through beautiful back roads is watch my speed and try to read a shitty little route sheet.

Not knocking anyone if they're into this, just sounds like counting ceiling tiles while you're getting a hummer. Sort of runs completely against why I ride and enjoy adventure rides.

Offroad enduros are a different matter, entirely.

I am probably the odd man on this, but the idea of road enduros sounds too much like work. Last thing I wanna do on a nice adventure ride through beautiful back roads is watch my speed and try to read a shitty little route sheet.

Not knocking anyone if they're into this, just sounds like counting ceiling tiles while you're getting a hummer. Sort of runs completely against why I ride and enjoy adventure rides.

Offroad enduros are a different matter, entirely.

So what time you going to be there? :D I'm just doing it for fun, after all I ride the strom in a lot worse stuff and always have fun doing it. Hell even in an enduro I'd be more into just riding than necessarily keeping time. I just hope it doesn't rain, I hate riding in rain, to many years doing outdoors labor I guess.

PS I think I'm older than you.:p

So what time you going to be there? :D I'm just doing it for fun, after all I ride the strom in a lot worse stuff and always have fun doing it. Hell even in an enduro I'd be more into just riding than necessarily keeping time. I just hope it doesn't rain, I hate riding in rain, to many years doing outdoors labor I guess.

PS I think I'm older than you.:p

If I did it, I'd probably just ignore the enduro/scorekeeping stuff to the best of my ability, but I have a lot on my plate this weekend won't be able to get down there anyway.

And, here I go complaining again, but I have another weird personal beef with paying money to ride public roads. I know it's going towards something, and I appreciate the work that goes into laying stuff like this out, but it's a public road and I'm not paying to ride it. It's just a weird thing with me, doesn't make sense but I have my strange scruples.

I would rather put a ride together, or go on one of yours (which are always good, btw), something of that nature than the big sanctioned rides. I guess they don't appeal to me.

I'm weird, don't try to figure me out.

:D

I guess I shouldn't mention I'm charging for my rides from now on, :lol:

I think we both know we could put a group ride together that is fun and would cost zero, but as you hinted stuff like this funds many other things that will keep public off road riding open to us. Plus it's nice to get together with a bunch of riders like this that broaden our relationships and builds knowledge.

If I did it, I'd probably just ignore the enduro/scorekeeping stuff to the best of my ability, but I have a lot on my plate this weekend won't be able to get down there anyway.

And, here I go complaining again, but I have another weird personal beef with paying money to ride public roads. I know it's going towards something, and I appreciate the work that goes into laying stuff like this out, but it's a public road and I'm not paying to ride it. It's just a weird thing with me, doesn't make sense but I have my strange scruples.

I would rather put a ride together, or go on one of yours (which are always good, btw), something of that nature than the big sanctioned rides. I guess they don't appeal to me.

I'm weird, don't try to figure me out.

:D

I'm looking at it like this: For $25 I get: A fun GPS track to follow at a later date, an "easy" intro to enduro timing without dealing with ohio mud, it's an event I can do without putting knobbies back on, and lunch is provided.

But if I don't find a babysitter, I'll be missin it anyway :(

It was a great ride and the weather was awsome for it. Had around 60 riders. There will be another road enduro by another group near Athens but I don't have info. I'll try to get some photo and video up later.