Pilot Road 1's

2talltim

Ok i know this is a mostly touring tire but id like to hear some opinions on it, IP has a good deal on these for around $200 for a pair...would i regret buying these at this price?..probobly 85% of my riding is touring/cruiser style i only hit the twisties every now and then...i havent even used the outer 1/2" of my 190/50 so im no leaner..i know the 2ct's are a much better tire but that would be at a $100 increase in price...any opinions are welcome

Edited by 2talltim

Do they need replaced after 3000?
they are getting there maybe another 500 left in them they are almost gone in the middle..and ive never done a burn out with them..vtwins eat rear tires like crazy..front one is only half gone

I had a pair on my fz1 and they lasted 10k miles, I liked them so much I got the pilot road 2's put on recently and I will say they are even better! If you can afford to go for the 2's I would go with them but the 1's are a good tire too.

When I went to get the 2s they had just relased the 3s so I decided to go with them so I cant comment on the 2s. So far I am very happy with the 3s. I cant comment on the 1 vs the 3 because they were on different bikes and I was a different rider then

When I went to get the 2s they had just relased the 3s so I decided to go with them so I cant comment on the 2s. So far I am very happy with the 3s. I cant comment on the 1 vs the 3 because they were on different bikes and I was a different rider then

If I rode in rain more often I'd have probably gone with the 3's, they seem to be very aggressively cut to get rid of water. Pr2's were ~260 shipped from jakewilson for my bike, so the OP can get an idea

i pick up a set today... it cam to $232.57 after tax and "enviromental fee" damn tree huggers, and a free t-shirt(wow they shouldnt have...really)..LOL...they had a shit ton of 180/55's left a decent supply of 120/60's but very few 120/70's i only seen 2 others after i took mine...im going to put another 500ish miles om my powers before i mount these as soon as i see cords these are going on...im hoping the powers will last me till my trip to deals gap next month so i can wear the edges out a little more(im trailer it down this time)