Donuts

shittygsxr

Not the kind that cops love, but can anyone think of a reason that doing some sick ass smokey donuts could cause a power steering pump to fail I would love to hear it. The old lady believes there is a correlation between my schanegans and my broken powdr steering pump

not the kind cops love, but the kind cops HATE lol.

and YES donuts can cause PS pump damage.

when the wheel is at full lock, the pump is working the hardest. if you hold it there for an extended amount of time it can do damage.

do a google search for "donuts broke power steering" there are TONS of posts on all different types of forums about people's ps pump breaking after doing donuts.

doing donuts or holding the wheel at full lock? :lol:

Both. Manufacturer is required to go full lock left and right and run at a certain speed around and around till failure or qualification. The steering pump is beefed up with cooling fins and strength and stuff that wouldn't normally exist.

Not the kind that cops love, but can anyone think of a reason that doing some sick ass smokey donuts could cause a power steering pump to fail I would love to hear it. The old lady believes there is a correlation between my schanegans and my broken powdr steering pump

If it was old fluid, you could've of boiled the fluid, causing the pump to run without lubrication, and fried the bearings. Check the power steering fluid. If it's dark, that's probably what happened. Seen it happen at the track numerous times.