Droid X wont boot

yotaman88210

So my X is stuck at the Motorola M screen. It wont do a damn thing. Yes, I have pulled the bat tree many times and let it sit and what not. Damn thing will not boot. Im a dumb ass and did root it, but never modified anything on it. I just wanted to be able to tether IF I wanted to.

Soooo now I have a phone stuck at the M screen that is rooted and Im afraid to take it into Verizon and get charged the FULL $600ish for the. Ive had this less than a year, so it should still be under warranty.

Does anyone know a way to get the rooted evidence off the phone if you arent able to get past the M screen ? Thanks fur any helps

from android forums:

Hear is solution that worked for me with some tech assistance from Verizon..

Power OFF DEVICE...

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after rebot and will take a while but if no responce after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

Another thing I figured out is that if you are using the new option under Settings/Privacy that says "Back up my data", this feature can cause a number of issues to keep returning even after a hard reset because if your issue was a setting or a app that caused your issue, when you hard resetthe device this feature will restore all the settings and app back on device after restore that will automatically bring issue back.

This feature is a nice ideal but until you are sure that everything is compatible it may not be wise to enable this feature because it will make issues go away after hard reset but also cause issue to return shortly after because the system will restore the other files that usually caused the original issue.

look up SBF and sprecovery on the droid forums.

take a deep breath, everything will be ok.

I have... played on those forums for a while before I made a post. Problem is my phone wont respond to ANYTHING

from android forums:

Hear is solution that worked for me with some tech assistance from Verizon..

Power OFF DEVICE...

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after rebot and will take a while but if no responce after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

Well, it would be great if when I followed the Recovery mode steps it worked. My shit literally will not move from the M screen. I have tried many times to get to the Andriod with the Triangle... FAIL. Makes no fooking sense! :confused: :confused: :confused::(

Have you tried booting with the memory card removed?

Yes sir. Couple of times.

turn it on and let it run until the battery dies and see if it does anything.. patience my friend. Otherwise you probably bricked it.. What were you doing when all this started?

Well, I fell asleep listening to my police scanner app cuz I couldnt find my sounds of the trailer park CD...I woke up, tried to check some sexts messages, and I realized the scanner was still running. So I went to close that and Mr Andriod decided he didnt want to respond to my request, not to mention he was running pretty slow. Soooo, I simply powered off to get a fresh start, and BOOM... Now it wont turn back on :cry:

Will they doo that right in the store in front of me? If so, Im pretty sure there is a guy on Columbus Racing that works at Verizon that would hopefully be cool about it. Or, does anyone know a cbus verizon where a friend works?

My original droid locked up when they sent out an upgrade wouldn't do a thing and I took it in and they restored it some how the guy said I'd prolly lose every app but they all came right back when I logged into google account..... But difference is mine are not rooted

Im not sure if the root will effect anything or not. It was stupid for me to do it in the first place. You google acct will store most of your apps, so Im not worried about losing those, nor do I care. I just wanted my fooking phone to work!!!!

Hmmm. Well I need to find a friend at a Verizon store who can try to flash it...Or someone here, if you know how to flash send me a PM!

See, my problem here is IF they find out I rooted and want to charge me, that is somewhere around $600. Or, I can lose my phone and call my insurance company. Damn it, I hate when I lose my phone.

Well um, I let it die. Now I dont think its taking a charge. It just sits there on the M screen on the wall charger. But when I pull out the batt and disconnect the charger it wont do anything.

When hooked to the USB, it says batt too low to program