Shipping Crate

Jst2fst

You're not hearing him correctly.

Your sunk costs if you do the crate+shipping let's say are $1100. That's $1100 that's lost to the world.

You buy bike on Seattle CL for 3K. Ride the piss out of it, then post it back on CL for $3500. Let someone "talk" you down to $3000, or if you were feeling squirrely, $2700. You either break even or lose $300, which is a hell of a lot worse than letting $1100 evaporate on shipping costs. Either way, when you put in the cost of your flight and other expenses, essentially means a free trip to Seattle. You're not going to put anything into this bike, you don't care about the tires, oil, scuffs, stuff like that. Get in, ride, and get out.

See, I don't have excess funds to buy another bike and wait to sell. It be nice if I had a few grand sitting around not earmarked for other things. I'm just making enough for what I need. Yea, by only taking a $300 or so loss is a win it just won't work for what I have already planned out and the time frame. I want this to be as little of a headache when I'm in Seattle and having to try and sell the bike I just don't wanna deal with it.

See, I don't have excess funds to buy another bike and wait to sell. It be nice if I had a few grand sitting around not earmarked for other things. I'm just making enough for what I need. Yea, by only taking a $300 or so loss is a win it just won't work for what I have already planned out and the time frame. I want this to be as little of a headache when I'm in Seattle and having to try and sell the bike I just don't wanna deal with it.

Fair enough.

buy a katana in seattle for around 1000 ride the hell out of it for a few weeks and try to sell it cheap,if it doesnt sell give it to charity for a nice tax write off, then your out 700-800 after you save a little on your taxes, thats alot better then trying to pack up your bike and spending 1200-1500 in shipping cost

Pallets you say are they free or knowing OSU they might charge me just because I work their. Send me a quote on how much it would cost to ship round trip to Seattle and Columbus June 22 leaving and July 22 coming back. If the price is right I might change my shipping if its cheaper.

they are free just walk next door and grab some

Its getting shipped to Seattle gonna be out their for a month I'll need something to do while my buddy is on duty plus he's got his bike .

I shipped my bike out to Seattle last year using Federal http://funtransport.com/

It was a bit spendy - around $600 after AMA discount but they provided full service door to door enclosed palleted transport - very professional.

Seattle is a very cool town, and there are some excellent places to ride nearby. Two mountain ranges within a couple of hours ride have great roads but be sure to get over to the Olympic Peninsula and head out to Neah Bay.

Edited by bambam
Currecteed a bad speling. Too late though cos it's been quoted.

I shipped my bike out to Seattle last year using Federal http://funtransport.com/

It was a bit spendy - around $600 after AMA discount but they provided full service door to door enclosed palleted transport - very professional.

Seattle is a very cool town, and there are some excellent places to ride nearby. Two mountain ranges within a couple of hours ride have great roads but be sure to get over to the Olympic Peninsular and head out to Neah Bay.

I tried them first the fuel surcharge was a pain to deal with would of been an additional $100 Forward Air gave me a decent deal