Shipping Crate

Jst2fst

I need a shipping crate for my motorcycle dimensions cant be larger than 100'' x 48'' x 50''. If anyone knows where I can get one preferably free or for a small fee please let me know. Also I don't have a truck I can pay for someone to deliver it to me. Thanks

What part of Columbus are you in? Might help give locals an idea of what companies are near you that have skids to build a crate from.

I live on the OSU Campus area near Lane Ave

I already have my bike posted on their no viable hit to take. Would cost me between $1400-$1800 round trip. I found a shipping company for $1050 round trip just have to have the bike in a crate. The place I was gonna get them form does not keep them any more.

OK, just got the dimensions that will be needed. This crate will be custom built or if I can get some skids I'll just modify them to fit my needs. 84" x 36" x 48". The only part that needs to be strong is the base the cap or top is gonna be OSB board pretty cheap and easy to use.

Where are you shipping the bike? Just curious.

As for skids near campus there used to be a couple off Goodale Blvd that used to pitch skids into their dumpsters. Take a look and just ask before you dive. :)

Where are you shipping the bike? Just curious.

As for skids near campus there used to be a couple off Goodale Blvd that used to pitch skids into their dumpsters. Take a look and just ask before you dive. :)

Its getting shipped to Seattle gonna be out their for a month I'll need something to do while my buddy is on duty plus he's got his bike with him.

You remember the names of these places with skids. I have no problem dumpster diving for some free wood to use.

You could check with some bike dealers and see if they have anything, Or just building your own would not be to bad

I've checked and looks like a majority of dealers don't have the crates on site. Don't wanna drive around looking for crates all day. I've already started to price how much it would cost to build one.

Heck its only what 2500 miles, thats only 40-50 hours of riding, think of all the fun you would have on the way, sounds like one hell of a road trip

Maybe some other time. No, changing plans now this one works out the best for me. Don't wanna get off subject here really need to get a crate for the bike among other things.

Its getting shipped to Seattle gonna be out their for a month I'll need something to do while my buddy is on duty plus he's got his bike with him.

Did you check into renting a small uhaul and drive it out? Between savings from shipping and airline tickets for you it might prove to cost less.

You remember the names of these places with skids. I have no problem dumpster diving for some free wood to use.

Sorry, It's been a while since I was there. I just remember it was on Goodale.

It might be cheaper to rent a bike when you get out there.

I looked into it and only found cruisers plus I'm to young to rent by some of them. Some were $300 a week just to rent. I'd rather have my bike with me.

Did you check into renting a small uhaul and drive it out? Between savings from shipping and airline tickets for you it might prove to cost less.

Sorry, It's been a while since I was there. I just remember it was on Goodale.

Renting a u-haul by myself would of been more one way then the shipping and my plane ticket. which is around $1500 for the shipping and plane ticket. They charge by the mile and its about 2500 one way I think its like .49 -.99 a mile not exactly sure. Check out my trailer 101 thread it has all of this in it

I'll look this weekend for some skids and start to fab something up

Ship it ups stop over the receiving dept we can get you a quote

I already paid for shipping, I searched high and low for the best possible price and this shipper does not base the weight on price. Only by container size, also no fule surcharges what I pay now is all I have to pay no matter how high fuel gets. That was a deal breaker with other shipping companies. Id have to pay an additional $50 min each way if the fuel went up anymore which it is cause the bike is being shipped in June and July.

ASK lancaster has them in a big pile in their parking lot.

Will do a bit of a hike but if their free its worth it

I was just messin with ya that would be a long ride alone. I would call both ask and sport cycles and see if they could keep a crate for you, every bike they get comes in one

Gotcha

If you want pallets, there is a pallet truck at the "laundry" facility. Our ups freight discount is almost 80%

Pallets you say are they free or knowing OSU they might charge me just because I work their. Send me a quote on how much it would cost to ship round trip to Seattle and Columbus June 22 leaving and July 22 coming back. If the price is right I might change my shipping if its cheaper.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/2335599027.html

Buy a bike when you get there and list it on craigslist a week later...that gives you 3 weeks to sell the bike.

Find the right idiot to rip off and you just got a free trip to Seattle.

I'm not in the market to rip someone off on a bike not my style. Even if I did I won't get back what I put into it.

That's a good price on the CBR. I have to agree with Ross. Even if you don't rip someone off. Buy a bike there sell it before you leave. Even if you loose money on the sale still cheaper than shipping. I'd be worried about my bike being shipped and it's condition web it arrives.

I can set you up with something that will work, we own a huge drywall company and a cabinet shop... My office is off taylor road by Gahanna. PM me and i will get you taken care of no charge for being an OR member and a fellow rider.

I'm not in the market to rip someone off on a bike not my style. Even if I did I won't get back what I put into it.

You're not hearing him correctly.

Your sunk costs if you do the crate+shipping let's say are $1100. That's $1100 that's lost to the world.

You buy bike on Seattle CL for 3K. Ride the piss out of it, then post it back on CL for $3500. Let someone "talk" you down to $3000, or if you were feeling squirrely, $2700. You either break even or lose $300, which is a hell of a lot worse than letting $1100 evaporate on shipping costs. Either way, when you put in the cost of your flight and other expenses, essentially means a free trip to Seattle. You're not going to put anything into this bike, you don't care about the tires, oil, scuffs, stuff like that. Get in, ride, and get out.