Ohio State Receives Notice Of NCAA Allegations

Jst2fst

yet.

besides, I don't know that they can punish Cam Newton for something that's not a specific incident. I haven't given a shit about that, but just from watching ESPN casually, I thought he admitted to "using marijuana in the past," or something equally as ambiguous.

there's no specific instance cited, no proof that he's being truthful, and no indication that any incidence occurred while he was an NCAA athlete. Technicalities for sure, but the NCAA won't want to go after someone and then be made to look like fools.

it would be like me saying, "i killed a man once." But I can't be charged with killing someone; I would have to be charged with a specific person's murder. The NCAA runs a quasi-judicial system, so they follow substantially similar 'rules.'

You killed someone? Guess I'd better be nice to you. ;)

Tressel is either the fall guy or a complete piece of lying crap.

I think when the first e-mail arrived, The Vest talked it over with A.D. Smith, they figured "Meh, T-Peazy's in the running for the Heisman, we have a shot at the national championship, so let's ignore it and hope it goes away on its own".

When it didn't go away, President Gee found out that his A.D. and Coach conspired to ignore it, Gee figured it would be too embarrassing to fire both of them at once, so the plan was hatched to make The Vest be the fall guy.

Just my guess at what transpired.

Still love the Buckeyes, still will renew my ice hockey and men's b-ball season tickets, just not rooting for the football program any longer.