95 GSXR 750 Swingarm Extensions Help!!!!

BlkGixxer750

Does any one know were i can find a set of swingarm extensions for a 95 gsxr 750 or what i can use on there someone said i may have to go to the 95 1100 swingarm but cant find extensions for that either.........someone that knows more about these 95's then me help help help lol i know i may get bashed but it is gonna be a drag bike i have another bike im putting together to ride all the time.....

The GSXR1100 swingarm might be longer than the 750. That's probably why others have recommended it to you. So, there won't be extensions for it. But it's not going to give you much more length than your swing arm.

To really extend your swingarm: talk to a machine shop. They should be able to cut and extend your swing arm as far as you want. And if you butter them up a little bit, they might cut you a deal.

Especially if you're a repeat customer.

what kind of engine work have you done?]

If the bike is stock, I'm seeing 118hp (probably at the crank) on its best day... Is the longer swing-arm really necessary?

if you show a good machinist a swing-arm extension for another bike, and then take VERY precise measurements of your swing-arm, I agree that fabricating something wouldn't be out of the question. I doubt it will be terribly cheap though. I don't know what the kits run, but have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the kits?

They might say "send us your swing-arm, and we'll send it back with an extension kit. we'll just charge you the same price as a GSXR 1000."

Pit-Bull did that with their axle pins for the trailer restraint system. There were a bunch of bikes they were willing to machine pins for; they just didn't have access to every bike in the world to get the proper dimensions.

its got a 1100 drivetrain, yosh cams,muzzy header into a yosh rs 3 exhaust,Barnett kevlar clutch..Up 2 teeth in the rear and down 1 in the front im 225 pounds and it just wants to pull the tire when i launch it lol only reason for extending it...

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with my boss about this. If all you're going to do is drag the bike, and no cornering is involved:

You can buy insert extensions for your swingarm. You pull your rear wheel off, and the adjusters, the extensions slide into the swing arm, bolt down, and then you reinstall your rear wheel further down.

BUT: that setup can only handle straight line forces. No cornering, or it will fail.

If you want a full blown, custom made, extended swing arm:

http://www.mcintoshswingarms.com/Swingarms.htm

That's the guy to go to, he's in New Lebanon Ohio. I've seen his work, you can't tell it's extended until you look at the length.