this is why i dont use cheap ammo

kawi kid

At the range the other night and i was sighting in my brother in laws m&p 15-22 and the red dot scope he put on it. after I got finished and handed it back to him he shoots it once and say "fuck! why does it keep jamming?!?!" I walk over and look at it and he tells me it th last shot felt really weird cuz he got alot of gas in his face. I take it from him and disassemble it to start going over it and his is what I find....

2011-04-28_19-48-27_81.jpg

The casing actually split in half and part of it was still stuck in be barrel. This was all after he was giving me shit about spending a little extra on the big box of federal 22 cal over the blazer.

Again cheaper isn't always better. He also had about 20 or more rounds that failed to fire or wouldn't feed because of manufacturing defects.

Just how much is he saving by using cheaper ammo?

FWIW we've found CCI MM so far to be the most consistent in our 15-22.

CCI MM is one of the most consistent in any 22cal That I've tried.

Winchester always works for me also.

I'll sometimes use Federal 22cal. A bit more accurate, I think.

Remington 22cal doesn't feed right for me.

I would never use Blazer anything.

I have a 15-22 as well. If you want to shoot cheap stuff through it I would recommend the Federal bulk box (550rds) from wal-mart. It shoots really well through the rifle. If you go to the s&w forum you will see that just about everyone recommends it. If you want to spend a little more the CCI MM are the way to go. I usually just feed my 15-22 Federal Bulk and save the CCI for the p22.