Skutr Net - Servo Buddy

fasttuna

I ordered and installed a product I found on the Internet called a Servo Buddy this week to address the Kawi's onboard error. I wanted to give this simple, effective solution some props as I'm guessing others have to deal with exhaust baffle/value issue when upgrading their exhausts.

I pulled the stock exhaust off my '06 Kaw ZX10R this winter and put on a 2-into-1 TwoBros VALE 3/4 system that eliminated the exhaust baffle.

I left the servo under the seat installed that acuates the cable to open/close the baffle but once disconnecting the cable, I was getting the red light error on my display. Guess the computer figured out the lack of resistance acuating the cable means there was a problem. :(

I did some searching to find a solution and found this product and web site.

http://www.servobuddy.com/

Once installed, the computer error is gone so I'm guessing its sending the necessary signal(s) to prevent any error.

I also pulled out the servo which saves a little weight and free's up some under seat space.

Anyway, great solution for the problem I had!