For the Granny Smith Apple lovers....ENJOY!!!!!

BornSinner

Hell yeah that green looks real good on that black! I appreciate the shout out Whitey word of mouth has been pretty much my only marketing tool lol and it works great thanks a ton! anyway I just wanted to share a few pics i took while doing these parts. Thanks and enjoy!

After the parts are chemically stripped down to bare metal there media blasted to etch the substrate I do this extra step to give the surface a mechanical bond for the best adhesion. here they are in the abrasives cabinet.

004.jpg

002.jpg

to many layers of paint and things start to get thick and brittle.

layersofpaint.jpg

sandblastadjusters.jpg

special care is taken to protect sensitive areas during sand blasting.

010.jpg

After all the parts are clean they go through a 3 stage wash system. Sorry no pics of that process i forgot I was taking pictures during this part of the job lol.

In the oven with the first coat cured. Notice how dull the finish is almost a drab ugly green.

005.jpg

Then voila a high gloss crystal clear coat brings out the pigments.

007.jpg

008.jpg

sportbikepowdercoating.com

(419) 656-6494

Hell yeah that green looks real good on that black! I appreciate the shout out Whitey word of mouth has been pretty much my only marketing tool lol and it works great thanks a ton! anyway I just wanted to share a few pics i took while doing these parts. Thanks and enjoy!

After the parts are chemically stripped down to bare metal there media blasted to etch the substrate I do this extra step to give the surface a mechanical bond for the best adhesion. here they are in the abrasives cabinet.

004.jpg

002.jpg

to many layers of paint and things start to get thick and brittle.

layersofpaint.jpg

sandblastadjusters.jpg

special care is taken to protect sensitive areas during sand blasting.

010.jpg

After all the parts are clean they go through a 3 stage wash system. Sorry no pics of that process i forgot I was taking pictures during this part of the job lol.

In the oven with the first coat cured. Notice how dull the finish is almost a drab ugly green.

005.jpg

Then voila a high gloss crystal clear coat brings out the pigments.

007.jpg

008.jpg

sportbikepowdercoating.com

(419) 656-6494

Thanks for post the process pictures up Mike...

Once the bike is clean and we have a sunny day I will take some good up close pictures...

I will be sending you the gas cap and Im pulling the FJ Cruiser logos so I can get them done is a Satin or semi gloss Black...

Again....

Thanks for the great work, and Im very happy with the turnout....