1996 rm250 - $1000

ShawnR

Repost from last fall. Rode some saturday and still don't want to keep it.

1996 RM250. Ohio Title. No clue on history or what all has been done to it. Starts good & runs fine. $1000 firm or trade for a thumper (4 stroke). I need something less hyper/spastic/dangerous than this. I will kill myself on it.

small_rm250a.jpg

small_rm250b.jpg

Pics are from last fall, but it looks just the same.

The only trade I would be interested in is a 4 stroke of the same size or bigger. Dual sport would be awsome and I can add cash if needed. Any trade needs to have a title!

Test rides are fine up at the farm in Morrow County. You break it, you bought it.

Now ive never ridden a 250 2stroke so i could be wrong on this, but your wanting to trade for something 4-stoke of equal size or bigger and your worried about killing yourself on this 250. Again i could be wrong but im assuming a 4-stoke 250 is going to have alot more power and ass. to each his own, glws

Now ive never ridden a 250 2stroke so i could be wrong on this, but your wanting to trade for something 4-stoke of equal size or bigger and your worried about killing yourself on this 250. Again i could be wrong but im assuming a 4-stoke 250 is going to have alot more power and ass. to each his own, glws

Nope 4 stroke of same size has less kick. Thats why in MX 250 2 strokes and 450 4 strokes are in the same class. A 250 4stroke is comparable to a 125 2 stroke. It's in the weight and power delivery 2 and 4 strokes are completely different animals

Nope 4 stroke of same size has less kick. Thats why in MX 250 2 strokes and 450 4 strokes are in the same class. A 250 4stroke is comparable to a 125 2 stroke. It's in the weight and power delivery 2 and 4 strokes are completely different animals

Yes they are. And this is tempting _

I am just wanting something that is more "trail riding" friendly. I have an old IT200, but it doesn't have enough low end torque to haul my fat ass up the hills anymore. I thought this one would do it, but it just isn't made for the kind of riding that I want to do.

I "think" that an older 4 stroker would be less jumpy and have the lower end torque that I am looking for. My IT200 works just fine (the brakes suck) for riding around the farm, but as the kids get older, I will want to head down to Somerset and hit some hills.

It (the RM) will get posted on craigslist for $1200 obo after it gets a good spring cleaning. You guys get first dibs.

We are a dual XBOX household so the PS3 is out.

Trade for 03 4 stroke ttr125?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine that it would have enough torque to justify it over my IT200. That, and I would probably be pushing it on the physical size.

I'm not a small fella (6', 270lbs).

I am really hoping for something like a DR or even an XT in something decent sized. Cash will awalys work too, then I will go bike shopping in December when prices are down.