Amazing!

Monstrosity

Couldnt have said it better myself. I was even generous with the Retail cost.

Quite generous, since in my opinion, retail comes from a bike shop, with an inspection, repairs, and a warranty. For what it's worth...

Quite generous, since in my opinion, retail comes from a bike shop, with an inspection, repairs, and a warranty. For what it's worth...

Overly generous, I would never pay retail from a private owner. If that bike was mint and I really wanted it 3500 at best. That means everything is tip top, never dropped, all stock, with like new Pilot Powers. But more than likely 2800 to 3. I think I'll call him tomorrow and offer him 2K.

Overly generous, I would never pay retail from a private owner. If that bike was mint and I really wanted it 3500 at best. That means everything is tip top, never dropped, all stock, with like new Pilot Powers. But more than likely 2800 to 3. I think I'll call him tomorrow and offer him 2K.

:lol:

Drives me nuts, but I choose not to challenge these people. Market forces will win in the end (or a dipshit with cash will come along and pay it). My favorite are the ones with all the aftermarket bling that suddenly makes the used bike worth more than retail new. Maybe I'm the exception, but I post my price at a number that will sell and generally don't come down, but rarely asked to.

Edited by C-bus

That's an '03... he probably could get asking price if it was one of the '98 models -- that's the best year for them.

Indeed they were. Easily lay waste to the fastest of beemers.

The problem is that people tend to think their aftermarket parts adds way more to the value than it really does. If he was smart, he'd go back to stock (if he saved the parts) and sell the aftermarket separately.

i love how one of his "extras" was an oil change.

so, you guys are saying that i cant keep a running total of all the money i spent on my bike and just add it all up and thats the asking price?

thats balderdash!*

*this must be said in an english accent or its not as funny.